Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A2 Psychology (AQA A) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi is anyone out there doing A2 Psych. AQA Spec A? Im stuck on PYA5 on the 'issues' section relating to Gender and cultural bias. Im fine with the A01 part but can any1 tell me what exactly you would need to write for the A02 section. :confused: For e.g 1 question says:

'discuss gender bias in psychology' (which would include 'To what extent do these biases affect psychological research?') And this is what im stuck on.

please help

ReputationRep:
    for the A02 you use examples of studies which it can be seen in but for gender its easy because u can play the bias' off eachother eg kohlberg - alpha bias and androcentric but critics of his work as beta bias for claiming that he ignored differences because they are saying there are difference... i think that makes sense ill most probs get myself confused in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    thanks, but what if you already put the research in the A01 part? cos if i put that in A02 it feels like im repeating myself again. can you also include critisims of the research itself such as ethics, no empirical support etc. plus are their any unbiased theories and studies for gender and cultural bias?

ReputationRep:
    i know there are studies called gender free ones but i dont know any
    to avoid using them as A01 set ur paragraphs out like
    alpha bias
    beta
    androcentrism
    gender free
    gender centric
    explain them as ur A01 and expand with examples for A02 and then it think u can use cultural/ ethical etc criticisms because ur meant to adapt the whole syllabus

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.