I just had a shower thought about radical Islamists.

Watch
Longshot700
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What if the spirits of the murdered Native Americans have been reincarnated into the bodies of Muslim extremists trying to exact revenge on europe for what was done to them a few centuries ago.
Masih ad-Dajjal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's exactly it.

****ing called it.
sebe0062
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
possible, but all that supernatural **** is bul****
demx9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Longshot700)
What if the spirits of the murdered Native Americans have been reincarnated into the bodies of Muslim extremists trying to exact revenge on europe for what was done to them a few centuries ago.
That's a Longshot m7
jeremy1988
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If that were true, it would make more sense for them to be going after the people living in the Americas than Europe. After all, the descendants of the people who actually killed them are all living here. The ones that stayed in Europe profited much more indirectly, and only until rebellions dismantled their overseas empires.

Also, it wouldn't make sense for 800,000 of the refugees to be in Germany in that case. The Germans didn't believe in colonies, so they never killed natives abroad. You could argue that it was karma from the slaughter of Jewish people, but that doesn't make much sense because most Muslims aren't exactly pro-Israel themselves.

It's a nice thought, but I think that it makes more sense to view this as a continuation of the conflicts Christians and Muslims have been having for years. Perhaps even all the way back to the conflicts between Greece and Persia, because the vast majority of Muslims live in the former Persian empire's borders. People in your part of the world and theirs have never quite gotten along well.

Honestly, my knowledge of European history makes me dislike the immigration simply because I know what civilization the Spanish fought off, I know who destroyed the Byzantine empire, and I know how long it took the Greeks to throw off Turkish rule in order to be free again, and how the Turks still occupy Northern Cyprus.

Invaders from the east just seem to be really bad luck for Europe historically, and usually spell an end to an era of prosperity and well-being when they come.

It's probably not fair to paint all Muslims with the same brush, but you aren't being very picky about who gets into Europe. Even if most of them are good people, you're letting in all the bad ones too. You're just being humanitarian and letting them all walk in without resistance. And if the bad ones start a conflict, the good ones might well join their side anyway, feeling like opinion would be against them on the side of the natives, plus religious/cultural ties, etc. Given that these people come from the same peoples who have thousands of years of animosity against Europe... just trusting them now confuses me. I don't understand this kind of deep, unthinking compassion. Guilt is reasonable, perhaps, but not self-destruction. No one wins from that. Maybe I'm too much of a warrior to understand it, I am an Aries after all. LOL.
Longshot700
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by jeremy1988)
If that were true, it would make more sense for them to be going after the people living in the Americas than Europe. After all, the descendants of the people who actually killed them are all living here. The ones that stayed in Europe profited much more indirectly, and only until rebellions dismantled their overseas empires.

Also, it wouldn't make sense for 800,000 of the refugees to be in Germany in that case. The Germans didn't believe in colonies, so they never killed natives abroad. You could argue that it was karma from the slaughter of Jewish people, but that doesn't make much sense because most Muslims aren't exactly pro-Israel themselves.

It's a nice thought, but I think that it makes more sense to view this as a continuation of the conflicts Christians and Muslims have been having for years. Perhaps even all the way back to the conflicts between Greece and Persia, because the vast majority of Muslims live in the former Persian empire's borders. People in your part of the world and theirs have never quite gotten along well.

Honestly, my knowledge of European history makes me dislike the immigration simply because I know what civilization the Spanish fought off, I know who destroyed the Byzantine empire, and I know how long it took the Greeks to throw off Turkish rule in order to be free again, and how the Turks still occupy Northern Cyprus.

Invaders from the east just seem to be really bad luck for Europe historically, and usually spell an end to an era of prosperity and well-being when they come.

It's probably not fair to paint all Muslims with the same brush, but you aren't being very picky about who gets into Europe. Even if most of them are good people, you're letting in all the bad ones too. You're just being humanitarian and letting them all walk in without resistance. And if the bad ones start a conflict, the good ones might well join their side anyway, feeling like opinion would be against them on the side of the natives, plus religious/cultural ties, etc. Given that these people come from the same peoples who have thousands of years of animosity against Europe... just trusting them now confuses me. I don't understand this kind of deep, unthinking compassion. Guilt is reasonable, perhaps, but not self-destruction. No one wins from that. Maybe I'm too much of a warrior to understand it, I am an Aries after all. LOL.
Chill man, it's a shower thought. You must be fun at parties.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (324)
56.06%
I don't have everything I need (254)
43.94%

Watched Threads