The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by _kelly_rose_
haha yeah, i'm freaking out just a little.. :wink: aw man! that sounds horrible! :L and a little worrying that not many pass... would you say its A level maths standard, or more GCSE? or less than that? (wishful thinking haha!) hmm okay, think I'd better start brushing up on my maths then :L have you heard anything from them yet? :smile: x

You shouldn't! The lady said she thinks that people actually stumbled more on the english, trust me you'll be fine! Wasn't even GCSE standard in my opinion, it was honestly super simple. It was just time consuming after question 10, I haven't just yet. But she went through them that night, it's just taking admissions a while to send it to UCAS etc. But the course manager did say getting through to the interview stage is something to be proud of and you have to royally mess up to not be offered a place.
Do you live in the area of UCS btw? Just curious haha
Original post by Emlau22
You shouldn't! The lady said she thinks that people actually stumbled more on the english, trust me you'll be fine! Wasn't even GCSE standard in my opinion, it was honestly super simple. It was just time consuming after question 10, I haven't just yet. But she went through them that night, it's just taking admissions a while to send it to UCAS etc. But the course manager did say getting through to the interview stage is something to be proud of and you have to royally mess up to not be offered a place.
Do you live in the area of UCS btw? Just curious haha

Ah okay, my English has always been my strongest, so feeling a bit better about that part :smile: Ooh that's good to know, my basic maths is okay, I took A level maths (and just about passed haha!), but it was a few years ago, so Ive forgotten most of it - just hoping that it'll come back fairly quickly! Ah okay, so you should be fine then! yeah, it does sound like quite a challenge to get through to interview, well done! nope, I live in Dorset near Bournemouth so have a bit of a trek up to Iswich in Feb...do you live in the area?
hey,
i had my interview on the 14th of december for radiotherapy and oncology course. however, i still have not received any answers from them till now.
did any who had the interview on that day receive any offers yet from cardiff??
I had a radiotherapy interview aswell on the 16th December for uwe, did anyone get any offers?
Reply 84
Hey guys,

I was fortunate enough to receive a conditional offer for September 2016 start therapeutic radiography at Portsmouth. :biggrin:

Super nervous and excited at the same time already.

Good luck to everyone else that is awaiting a reply from their chosen universities! I haven't seen any other Portsmouth applicants in this thread.
anyone from Hertfordshire interview for Radiotherapy on 20th in group 3, lemme know?
Also, anyone heard back from South Bank after the literacy numeracy test??
Also, City university has sent off invites for interview now if you've completed the personality questionnaire, the two dates are 19th Feb or 18th March?
Anyone else confirmed for 19th feb ?
Reply 86
Original post by Ruqi_Cookie
Had my interview on wednesday 16th at bcu and got my offer today on saturday 19th. So happy! :smile:
Also, they said if i put it as my firm choice, theyll make the offer unconditional :biggrin:

Hey. Congratulations on getting the offer. I have an interview coming up at BCU. Can you please help out a little with regards to what to expect at the interview? I am especially concerned about the the written test? what are the tests about? And the timing is about 10-4:30pm, that sounds like a very long interview! sorry about all the questions but any help will be really appreciated. Thank you
Original post by imli
Hey. Congratulations on getting the offer. I have an interview coming up at BCU. Can you please help out a little with regards to what to expect at the interview? I am especially concerned about the the written test? what are the tests about? And the timing is about 10-4:30pm, that sounds like a very long interview! sorry about all the questions but any help will be really appreciated. Thank you

Okay so in the morning they'll do a presentation and a written test (sorry can't say too much), then around lunch, you'll probably meet some 3rd years who you can ask questions to. Then, the way we had it, we were split into 2 groups, like early and late afternoon depending on your individual interview time (like half hour slot?), so if your interview was after like half 2, then you were group 1 so they'll take you for campus tour at 1 and then you can leave after interview and if your interview slot was earlier, then you have the interview first and wait for everyone in your group for the tour.
It was actually pretty simple and we had a lecture room to all stay in for the whole afternoon, so you can just chill, or stress out and talk to the other interviewees.
I actually finished by 3 so that was good and if you have any problems like you need to leave early or you live really far away, just let them know and they'll give you an early slot.
The important thing to remember at these interviews is that you're not in competition with everyone else there, they will look at everyone individually and based on your own merit, so if you get an offer, then you've earned it.
Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Had my interview on wednesday 16th at bcu and got my offer today on saturday 19th. So happy! :smile:
Also, they said if i put it as my firm choice, theyll make the offer unconditional :biggrin:

Hi, just wanted to say congratulations, I'm a 3rd year at BCU, it is a fantastic course and the support you get from the lecturers is amazing. My course is slightly different as it has changed a little but if you need any info or anything feel free to message me.
Lindsay x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lindsay2910
Hi, just wanted to say congratulations, I'm a 3rd year at BCU, it is a fantastic course and the support you get from the lecturers is amazing. My course is slightly different as it has changed a little but if you need any info or anything feel free to message me.
Lindsay x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that's really nice of you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my conditional offer from Hertfordshire yesterday morning by email! :yes:(track is down till Monday)
So two interviews = 2 offers and 2 more interviews to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my conditional offer from Hertfordshire yesterday morning by email! :yes:(track is down till Monday)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's brilliant, well done xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done 😊 Had you completed work experience/shadowing before the interview? I've got my interview soon and I'm panicking because the hospitals in my area sent out a certain amount of work experience packs to schools and my school didn't get any. Do you know whether everyone in your interview group had gotten work experience? Sorry for all the questions 🙈
Original post by shellsbells04
Well done 😊 Had you completed work experience/shadowing before the interview? I've got my interview soon and I'm panicking because the hospitals in my area sent out a certain amount of work experience packs to schools and my school didn't get any. Do you know whether everyone in your interview group had gotten work experience? Sorry for all the questions 🙈

That's okay! I have personally done 2 clinical visits, 1 in August at UCLH and 1 in December at Mount Vernon. For both of my interviews, there was always a mix of people who have and some who haven't done the visit. However, since they've made it to interview stage, they've all done well enough. At the interviews, I found that if you have done clinical visit, then they would ask about how you found the experience and if you hadn't, then they would ask if you knew what a radiotherapist does on a daily basis and what machines they use.
About clinical visits, I personal arranged them myself by looking at which hospitals have a Radiotherapy department and emailing the contact listed for work experience. Both of mine were arranged from at least 3 months in advance though because those were the dates they offered. As long as you complete the one-day visit before August, it should be fine as it's an entry requirement. As for doing the interview without visiting, you should research a little on the machines used and what a radiotherapist does so you can show them that you do understand the roles of the radiographer. Good luck!
That's okay! I have personally done 2 clinical visits, 1 in August at UCLH and 1 in December at Mount Vernon. For both of my interviews, there was always a mix of people who have and some who haven't done the visit. However, since they've made it to interview stage, they've all done well enough. At the interviews, I found that if you have done clinical visit, then they would ask about how you found the experience and if you hadn't, then they would ask if you knew what a radiotherapist does on a daily basis and what machines they use.
About clinical visits, I personal arranged them myself by looking at which hospitals have a Radiotherapy department and emailing the contact listed for work experience. Both of mine were arranged from at least 3 months in advance though because those were the dates they offered. As long as you complete the one-day visit before August, it should be fine as it's an entry requirement. As for doing the interview without visiting, you should research a little on the machines used and what a radiotherapist does so you can show them that you do understand the roles of the radiographer. Good luck!

Ok yeah I think I have plenty to say on the topic as I'm one of those people that if I'm interested in something I will instantly remember anything I read on the topic. I was a bit confused from the confirmation of interview email because it seemed like you had to have completed the placement beforehand so thank you for clearing that up for me. I'm planning to arrange the one day visit as soon as possible and I will probably have to find one outside of where I live (Kent). Thank you so much for explaining that to me 😊
Reply 95
Original post by exoticbabyshawol
hey,
i had my interview on the 14th of december for radiotherapy and oncology course. however, i still have not received any answers from them till now.
did any who had the interview on that day receive any offers yet from cardiff??

Yep! I'm lucky enough to have gotten an offer form Cardiff last Friday:biggrin: Have you heard back from them yet?
Reply 96
Hey guys has anyone else heard back from Hertfordshire university yet? (I had my interview on the 20th of Jan)
I've just got an email with an offer, super happy. Thought I messed it all up entirely
Original post by Hannahlanganx
I had a radiotherapy interview aswell on the 16th December for uwe, did anyone get any offers?

Hi, I had my interview at UWE on the 16th too, and got an offer from them at the beginning of January. this reply is a little late, but if they haven't got back to you by now you should email them, as they said it shouldn't take longer than 3/4 weeks.
do you have any offers from other unis??
has anyone received any unconditional offers? if so, for where?
Original post by elizabethRT
has anyone received any unconditional offers? if so, for where?

Haven't really got an unconditional in the traditional sense but my Birmingham city offer is conditional and they've said if I make it my firm choice, they will make it unconditional. However, their unconditional still means the basic entry requirements so still have to pass level 3 education, health checks, dbs and evidence of clinical visit.

Latest