Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for natural sciences at Cambridge and want to do maths, chemistry, evolution and behaviour and materials science in the first year. However this classes me as a physical natural scientist and I haven't done physics A level. I did maths, further maths, biology and chemistry for a level so have all the prerequisite subjects. However I have applied to queens and I am worried there will be physics questions in the test and they may also ask me physics questions in the interview, obviously this is only if I get one!!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ellie2017)
    I am applying for natural sciences at Cambridge and want to do maths, chemistry, evolution and behaviour and materials science in the first year. However this classes me as a physical natural scientist and I haven't done physics A level. I did maths, further maths, biology and chemistry for a level so have all the prerequisite subjects. However I have applied to queens and I am worried there will be physics questions in the test and they may also ask me physics questions in the interview, obviously this is only if I get one!!
    You probably should have applied for the Bio route. The route just helps the interviewers, it doesn't restrict your options when you actually start the course.

I've no idea if it's possible to change your route at this stage - but there's no harm contacting Queens' to ask them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    You probably should have applied for the Bio route. The route just helps the interviewers, it doesn't restrict your options when you actually start the course.

I've no idea if it's possible to change your route at this stage - but there's no harm contacting Queens' to ask them.
    Ok thank you. I will try to contact them. Does this mean that if I get an interview I won't have a maths one though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie2017)
    Ok thank you. I will try to contact them. Does this mean that if I get an interview I won't have a maths one though?
    I wouldn't worry about it, they'll know what you did for your A levels, so they're not going to ask you a load of physics questions because that would be a waste of everybody's time. You'll probably have a mathsy interview and a chemistry one.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Phone or email Queens and discuss it with them. We have people change from biological to physical sometimes, and will phone applicants up if we thing they'd be better served by switching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    Phone or email Queens and discuss it with them. We have people change from biological to physical sometimes, and will phone applicants up if we thing they'd be better served by switching.
    Ok thank you very much- I will do that.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.