Turn on thread page Beta

I want to ask my crush out but am not sure how. I was thinking:

Meet her at her favorite place. Hand her a rose and say something along the lines of: "I like you a lot...don't just want to be friends...can I take you out for dinner?"

What do you think? How could I make this better?

ReputationRep:
    sounds delightful and definitely not cheesy, in fact if rom-coms are the truth of the universe then you're darn right, there's no way she can say no!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds very romantic

ReputationRep:
    Aww that's so sweet! Definitely do it, me and other girls I know would love that. Very romantic.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds perfect apart from the rose; bit neck beard imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    What does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    A bit?? Ya think??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadez)
    What does that mean?
    Just that it's a bit ott to the point of not knowing normal/widely acceptable social conventions. imo.

ReputationRep:
    lmfao the rose are u mad breh

ReputationRep:
    Just that it's a bit ott to the point of not knowing normal/widely acceptable social conventions. imo.
    I get what you're saying I've just never heard the phrase "a bit neck beard"

I think you will embarrass yourself

ReputationRep:
    How well do you know your crush? Is she into romantic gestures?

Personally, i think it's sweet.

ReputationRep:
    aw, sounds cute, do it x

Never give a rose to someone unless it's your girlfriend, trust me I've learnt this the hard way😔😔

However she is my girlfriend now even though she didn't accept the rose? Idk, Id say do it without it tho.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    say do it without it tho.
    If not a rose, should I take another flow or something else?

If not a rose, should I take another flow or something else?
    No nothing at all, go there barehanded.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I want to ask my crush out but am not sure how. I was thinking:

Meet her at her favorite place. Hand her a rose and say something along the lines of: "I like you a lot...don't just want to be friends...can I take you out for dinner?"

What do you think? How could I make this better?
    now a days these kind of things seems old fashion, unless you're quite in your adult years then i suppose it's not so bad, but if you're a teen, ask her out minus the rose. I mean if i was in that situation i would say yes either way because it's a really good gesture, but an overall conclusion tells me the rose isnt necessary

Astaghfirulla, fear Allah.
    Zinah is forbidden,

ReputationRep:
    No rose and no favourite place :nah: it's only romantic if she likes you and you don't know if she feels the same way, so don't over invest when meeting up with her. Just keep the meeting casual and ask her how she feels about you, and depending on her response you'll know whether or not your relationship with her will go any where.

ReputationRep:
    Id body slam someone if they ever did that for me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.