Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I need some help clarifying a situation with some assignments I have.

The task is;

"Revise and summarise the notes after the lecture or seminar. Submit rough notes taken during.

In your summaries, distinguish between main points and illustrative detail by means of layout, highlighting, bold type, underlining, colour, bullet points, spider and flow diagrams.
    You could use either pattern notes or mind maps or both.
    Each summary should be about 250 words."

Forgive me for appearing stupid but this doesn't really make much sense to me. Am I suppose to re-write my notes in a mind-mapping format or do a mind-map of my notes...

Cheers,

D.

ReputationRep:
    Turn your notes into a detailed mindmap

ReputationRep:
    It's been so long since I've been academia!

So for example; if I did a lecture on enzymes, the notes I had taken would be summarise? The first 'base' of the mind map would be "Enzymes" and then branch off from there?

I'm so sorry that I sound stupid but I just think being graded on notes is rather silly. I see the academic value but I take notes in the best way I can personally remember, not by someone else's rule.

Thanks,

D

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.