Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm thinking of applying for English Literature and Creative Writing, which requires AAA. However, I am only predicted AAB, despite having begged my school to change that B to an A. Should I still bother applying? It's an incredibly good course for my chosen subject, and I feel as if my personal statement is good, and I do well in the interview (if I get one), then I'd stand a chance. I'd also need to submit a portfolio with examples of my writing at that interview stage. Would applying be pointless and just a waste of a choice? I'm also considering Birmingham, Surrey, Royal Holloway and UEA. Oh, and my AS's were AABC (I dropped the C)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox-mulder)
    Hey, I'm thinking of applying for English Literature and Creative Writing, which requires AAA. However, I am only predicted AAB, despite having begged my school to change that B to an A. Should I still bother applying? It's an incredibly good course for my chosen subject, and I feel as if my personal statement is good, and I do well in the interview (if I get one), then I'd stand a chance. I'd also need to submit a portfolio with examples of my writing at that interview stage. Would applying be pointless and just a waste of a choice? I'm also considering Birmingham, Surrey, Royal Holloway and UEA. Oh, and my AS's were AABC (I dropped the C)
    Do you feel you can get AAA next year? If you're motivated and willing to work hard to get that, and think you're capable, i'd go for it. You can always apply, then use your four other options to apply to courses with lower requirements. It's only one out of five choices, so if you choose a few courses with slightly lower requirements, you shouldn't be at risk of getting no offers at all, so I think you haven't got much to lose by just trying. If you really like the sound of the course, I think it's worth putting yourself out there sometimes

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.