Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    in someone's shoes at any point of their life, living or dead, who would it be and why?

Now, please don't mention someone like Jesus or Mohammed (this person has to be real, like a celebrity, politician, family member etc).

Here's an example response:

I would walk 10 steps in Adolf Hitler's shoes the moment he initiated the final solution, just so I could experience what it feels like to be a cold and vindictive ******* with a stupid moustache.

Obviously you can be more meticulous with those 10 steps to relive a real pinnacle moment in that person's life, remember only 10 steps though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Anyone that's trained/practiced for several years with dreams of becoming the world champion in their sport, I'd like to relive the moment that they achieved the title in their shoes. I know from personal experience how amazing a feeling it is to achieve a personal milestone after countless hours of practice spanning over several months, so to do so to such a large scale must be the greatest feeling in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Anyone that's trained/practiced for several years with dreams of becoming the world champion in their sport, I'd like to relive the moment that they achieved the title in their shoes. I know from personal experience how amazing a feeling it is to achieve a personal milestone after countless hours of practice spanning over several months, so to do so to such a large scale must be the greatest feeling in the world.
    Repped, brilliant answer, but who would you choose?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus was real as was Muhammad

Jus sayin.

Ali when he knew he was the greatest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Jesus was real as was Muhammad

Jus sayin.

Ali when he knew he was the greatest.
    I only asked to avoid those kinds of figures because they attract a lot of bannable posts, thus the thread might get taken down.

Ali is a good choice:yy:

ReputationRep:
    Bill Gates. Wonder what it feels like to be that wealthy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    just anyone, (as long as they weren't say a murderer or something). It would just be interesting to be in another person's body and mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Bill Gates. Wonder what it feels like to be that wealthy.
    Can you really feel wealth in just 10 steps?

Even if you could, I think it would be a waste of steps.

ReputationRep:
    I'd walk in OP's shoes and make the choice not to make such a stupid thread.

ReputationRep:
    My mates special brother, Dave. Ive always wanted to know how it was to be a vegetable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Can you really feel wealth in just 10 steps?

Even if you could, I think it would be a waste of steps.
    I won't do much in 10 steps anyway. Plus, nothing else comes to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    just anyone, (as long as they weren't say a murderer or something). It would just be interesting to be in another person's body and mind
    :eek: Not for them yo... wouldn't you be scared if someone else was in your mind or body?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Imperion)
    :eek: Not for them yo... wouldn't you be scared if someone else was in your mind or body?
    yeah but this is hypothetical plus what about poor (a clever pun lol ) Bill Gates, wouldn't he be scared if you were him?

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Hawking. Not actual steps, of course. It would be somewhat fascinating to know what it's like to have such hugely respected power and such little power at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    yeah but this is hypothetical plus what about poor (a clever pun lol ) Bill Gates, wouldn't he be scared if you were him?
    Oh yeah, he would xD I r8 that pan 8/8
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Repped, brilliant answer, but who would you choose?
    Cheers, repped back for the great thread Hmmm... tough... I guess it'd be a sport I'm interested in or used to be interested in as a youngster. Coming to think of it, it wouldn't necessarily have to be a world championship win, could be just doing something that beforehand was unprecedented and set a new standard in the sport. I was into skateboarding as a teenager for example, I imagine Tony Hawk landing the world's first 900 must have been one of the greatest feelings ever felt by any human ever, so I'd love to relive that moment in his shoes

The first minute or so are skipable. I feel like I can relate through the day when I landed my first kickflip, and although they're obviously not to nearly the same scale as what's happening in the video the end scene was similar to what was happening between my mates and I when I first landed a boardslide down a handrail :lol: So many memories...

ReputationRep:
    Dynamo, aka Steven Frayne.

See how he does those things

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose Eva Cassidy just so I could feel what it's like to be that good at music.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.