Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im planning on doing Diagnostic Radiography,
    i was wondering is experience essential & also do universities look at AS grades?
    what happens if i dont get the grades needed?

ReputationRep:
    In terms of experience, you don't necessarily have to have any kind of healthcare background. Universities look to see if you have some basic knowledge and a passion for the profession, just so they can be sure you've made the right decision and will stick with it long term

I can't advise you much in terms of AS grades as I didn't do A-levels myself, I did an Access course. However, if you didn't get the grades you choices were looking for and your choices reject you, some universities who do Radiography will accept a limited number of people through Clearing.

Where are you looking to apply? I'm currently a first year at BCU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJay)
    In terms of experience, you don't necessarily have to have any kind of healthcare background. Universities look to see if you have some basic knowledge and a passion for the profession, just so they can be sure you've made the right decision and will stick with it long term

I can't advise you much in terms of AS grades as I didn't do A-levels myself, I did an Access course. However, if you didn't get the grades you choices were looking for and your choices reject you, some universities who do Radiography will accept a limited number of people through Clearing.

Where are you looking to apply? I'm currently a first year at BCU.
    Hi there, which Access course have you done?

Im on Access to Nursing, as recommended by the college's career advisor, but in Derby they told me that I need Access to Science!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragged13)
    Hi there, which Access course have you done?

Im on Access to Nursing, as recommended by the college's career advisor, but in Derby they told me that I need Access to Science!
    I did Access to Science. With a lot of universities you will find that they now require you to have done a Physics module as part of your Access course.

Before Radiography I was actually a nursing student and had done an Access to Health course to get in, but when I decided to withdraw from Nursing to pursue Radiography I was told that I couldn't reapply with the Access course I had because it didn't contain a Physics module. It had to be Access to Science - so I went away and did anther Access course.

I'd recommend checking the entry requirements of the universities you want to go to and check that they specifically require you to study Science for the Physics element.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im applying for Diagnostic Radiography. I wanted to know whether the forms for Radiography clinical experience need to be sent alongside with UCAS application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxhxixa)
    Hi, Im applying for Diagnostic Radiography. I wanted to know whether the forms for Radiography clinical experience need to be sent alongside with UCAS application?
    i'm waiting until I get sent offers for interviews by the univeristy as from what ive seen they give you an address then to send them the forms good luck with the application process! Where are you aplying to?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.