Turn on thread page Beta

Interview at Primark watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi All

I have an interview in Primark, and I''m pretty nervous. It's my first job and my reference is from the owner of a small hardware shop i did experience in.

The email states that "The interview process will consist of a competency based interview to assess your skills, experience and suitability for Primark.".

Any idea what questions they will ask me ?

When they ask you when did you work in a team, can you say in college on a project ?

What would you say to when you overcame a difficult situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andremac96)
    Hi All

I have an interview in Primark, and I''m pretty nervous. It's my first job and my reference is from the owner of a small hardware shop i did experience in.

The email states that "The interview process will consist of a competency based interview to assess your skills, experience and suitability for Primark.".

Any idea what questions they will ask me ?

When they ask you when did you work in a team, can you say in college on a project ?

What would you say to when you overcame a difficult situation.
    Hi had an interview with them 2 days ago...no response yet

How did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    Hi had an interview with them 2 days ago...no response yet

How did you do?
    I'm planning to do this in the summer. what type of questions do they ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howtobealady)
    I'm planning to do this in the summer. what type of questions do they ask?
    The questions were all based on competency.

They asked me

Why do you want to work for Primark
    Describe a time when you had to change your communicative skills
    Describe a time where you did not achieve a goal, and explain why (this was in terms of anything)
    Describe a time where you worked in a team and how you did it
    Who are primarks competitors
    He spoke about my education and asked if I achieved beyond my expectations, and if so, why?

Describe yourself in 3 words

He asked a question about myself
    "Tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't know by looking at you"

Advice:
    take an interest in your interviewer...ask him questions about himself when you can. When he asked me something about myself, I told him about my phobia of birds and I then asked if he had a phobia. This seemed to create more of a rapport with him. We laughed and exchanged stories which eased the setting a little
    Be nice
    Be genuine
    Seem positive

It helped me I got the job!

Hope it goes well for you
    Good luck!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.