Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Extent of contextual offers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HELLO FELLOWS

I've been v cheeky and been v ambitious with my choices. I am predicted AAB (A in History, A in Classics, B in Eng Lit) and have applied to Exeter and Lancaster, which both offer AAB contextual, however have very high standard entry requirements. What do you think the chances are of me getting offers from either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paullewiskerr)
    HELLO FELLOWS

I've been v cheeky and been v ambitious with my choices. I am predicted AAB (A in History, A in Classics, B in Eng Lit) and have applied to Exeter and Lancaster, which both offer AAB contextual, however have very high standard entry requirements. What do you think the chances are of me getting offers from either?
    No contextual circs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    No contextual circs?
    Are you asking if i qualify for contextual? If so, yes i do. AAB is the lowest contextual Exeter offer and the lowest contextual Lancaster offer

ReputationRep:
    Are you asking if i qualify for contextual? If so, yes i do. AAB is the lowest contextual Exeter offer and the lowest contextual Lancaster offer
    In that case you stand a good chance. What subject?

ReputationRep:
    In that case you stand a good chance. What subject?
    BA History single honours (Exeter campus for Exeter), Main campus for Lancaster. I have a good personal statement that's been checked by the admins officer for Uni of Nottingham, do you think that will help also?

ReputationRep:
    BA History single honours (Exeter campus for Exeter), Main campus for Lancaster. I have a good personal statement that's been checked by the admins officer for Uni of Nottingham, do you think that will help also?
    as you meet the contextual conditions you have a good chance of getting an offer from Exeter. I am not aware of Lancaster doing the same. usually when they show a mix of grades you get the lower offer if you get a set grade in a particular subject. For example the normal offer for Maths is AAA but if you get grades A in Maths and Further Maths you get AAB

ReputationRep:
    Here is the example from English

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...o9PcT1_Ho9He0Q

There is really nothing to say what the reason is for History but my suspicion for is if you get grade A History you will get AAB but otherwise it will be AAB. Your best bet is to check with the admissions tutor

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that can't hurt at all.

Watch out for Exeter rejecting you for Streatham, but offering you Penryn instead. I would avoid the latter - the course has little choice of modules and most of the lecturers simply aren't in the same league as those in Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that can't hurt at all.

Watch out for Exeter rejecting you for Streatham, but offering you Penryn instead. I would avoid the latter - the course has little choice of modules and most of the lecturers simply aren't in the same league as those in Exeter.
    That's what I assumed, thank you for your help, I feel more confident about my application

ReputationRep:
    That's what I assumed, thank you for your help, I feel more confident about my application
    Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.