The Student Room Group

A Level Science books...

Hi everyone!

I started AS Level a few weeks ago, and was told a few days ago that just using the books to study and revise, the maximum grades I can get are Cs.
Can someone please clarify whether this is just because the books don't cover all of the content, or what?

Much appreciated!
Original post by d010534
Hi everyone!

I started AS Level a few weeks ago, and was told a few days ago that just using the books to study and revise, the maximum grades I can get are Cs.
Can someone please clarify whether this is just because the books don't cover all of the content, or what?

Much appreciated!

It depends which books you get. I've discovered that reading the entire CGP Physics revision guide the night before the exam won't cover everything :frown: however I'd say our class chemistry book covers the entire course and even some stuff our teachers says we don't need to know (and it's about 4 times thicker than the revision guide). So yeah depends on the book really but I'd certainly say its possible to get top grades with just the books if thats the best way you learn.
Reply 2
Original post by smartalan73
It depends which books you get. I've discovered that reading the entire CGP Physics revision guide the night before the exam won't cover everything :frown: however I'd say our class chemistry book covers the entire course and even some stuff our teachers says we don't need to know (and it's about 4 times thicker than the revision guide). So yeah depends on the book really but I'd certainly say its possible to get top grades with just the books if thats the best way you learn.

The book the teachers are talking about is the official version from AQA (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zCBzqa7gL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg)
It's quite a thick book, as you said, around 4 times thicker than your average revision guide, which is why I don't understand why they think the maximum you can get from the book is a C... :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest