Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm really worried cause lately I have not been able to close my jaw properly and I have no idea what it could be. On some days it will close fine but on most it is as if my jaw has moved forward and that whenever I try to close it my bottom teeth are pushing against my top and the joint feels really uncomfortable - as if it is being forced in. I don't have really any pain when it comes to eating or opening my mouth, although there is slight discomfort if I try and do it too much and my muscles feel really tired if I try to move my jaw from side to side. I don't know if this is related but when I was younger my jaw used to always click and I used to wake up on some days, or in the middle of the night, and I would not be able to open my jaw properly. I'm really, really scared it is something serious and will need surgery or something (I'm petrified of anything like that) I cannot go a day without thinking about it and I would really appreciate it if someone had any ideas about what it could be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parrotperson)
    Hi, I'm really worried cause lately I have not been able to close my jaw properly and I have no idea what it could be. On some days it will close fine but on most it is as if my jaw has moved forward and that whenever I try to close it my bottom teeth are pushing against my top and the joint feels really uncomfortable - as if it is being forced in. I don't have really any pain when it comes to eating or opening my mouth, although there is slight discomfort if I try and do it too much and my muscles feel really tired if I try to move my jaw from side to side. I don't know if this is related but when I was younger my jaw used to always click and I used to wake up on some days, or in the middle of the night, and I would not be able to open my jaw properly. I'm really, really scared it is something serious and will need surgery or something (I'm petrified of anything like that) I cannot go a day without thinking about it and I would really appreciate it if someone had any ideas about what it could be.
    An overbite or an underbite or maybe even the irregular growing of the jaw to one side. I have been through the same situation. I first went to the general practitioner dentist who referred me to an orthodontist at a hospital where I was told about this jaw unalignment and how surgery could be an option, so I'd suggest you getting a check up before it gets worse!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.