Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

gcse geography watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i think this is the only subject i really struggle in and the fact that my teacher is of no help and completely unorganised is making it even harder to learn. at the end of year 10 me and some of my friends all achieved U's which was a complete shocker because we all had achieved B's throughout the year in previous classroom assessments doing the same 'higher paper'. the U that i got last year has now lead me to completing a 'foundation paper' just last week when i had a classroom assessment. i want to push my grade up so i can do the 'higher paper' again but how do i do this? any revision tips?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    your teacher is either a soft marker and giving you false hope or you really just misunderstood the questions. In geography, you need the equivalent of points you're making to the number of marks, and tbh it really isn't hard to list a few especially when human geo is common sense most of the time. people always tend to lose marks because they didnt understand or misread the question, like when they were asked about environmental issues, they listed human issues as well which is not what it was asking (in my class this happens quite often)

i revise by rewriting my whole course in my own notes and then read them bit by bit everyday. i start early because i know im not a person to want to sit down before an exam and read all night, i spend like 30 minutes or even less to read back at my notes and it leaves me with lots of energy and will to look forward to the exam people always do this, revise to feel good but didnt actually absorb anything. dont revise on lets say saturday if u dont want to, revise about 1 hour before going to bed, though you're tired and everything, after you revise, you earn yourself a goodnight sleep and in the morning the notes will be at the back of your head because you done it the night before. doing something before bed will make you remember it more from what i've experienced

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I'll try that

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.