gcse geography

Watch this thread
stars14
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i think this is the only subject i really struggle in and the fact that my teacher is of no help and completely unorganised is making it even harder to learn. at the end of year 10 me and some of my friends all achieved U's which was a complete shocker because we all had achieved B's throughout the year in previous classroom assessments doing the same 'higher paper'. the U that i got last year has now lead me to completing a 'foundation paper' just last week when i had a classroom assessment. i want to push my grade up so i can do the 'higher paper' again but how do i do this? any revision tips?
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
your teacher is either a soft marker and giving you false hope or you really just misunderstood the questions. In geography, you need the equivalent of points you're making to the number of marks, and tbh it really isn't hard to list a few especially when human geo is common sense most of the time. people always tend to lose marks because they didnt understand or misread the question, like when they were asked about environmental issues, they listed human issues as well which is not what it was asking (in my class this happens quite often)

i revise by rewriting my whole course in my own notes and then read them bit by bit everyday. i start early because i know im not a person to want to sit down before an exam and read all night, i spend like 30 minutes or even less to read back at my notes and it leaves me with lots of energy and will to look forward to the exam people always do this, revise to feel good but didnt actually absorb anything. dont revise on lets say saturday if u dont want to, revise about 1 hour before going to bed, though you're tired and everything, after you revise, you earn yourself a goodnight sleep and in the morning the notes will be at the back of your head because you done it the night before. doing something before bed will make you remember it more from what i've experienced
stars14
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks I'll try that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (49)
30.06%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (72)
44.17%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (40)
24.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.23%

Watched Threads