Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people in this country support Bashar al Assad? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    People in this country (Particuarly tories and the loony kippers) seem to support mass murderer assad along with the violent thug putin. It is clear for the safety of syria and the middle east as a whole assad must go. There is no other option and even david cameron who left his own kid in a pub knows that this is correct. What we need is to support the rebels and start bombing assad. I was furious miliband voted against it in 2013 and am not happy on corbyn's current stance on it. I know blair wouldn't have stood for this, he was brave and stood up to dictators.

People often make the point that ISIS would benefit from an intervention. The fact is that not intervening is what caused ISIS to become powerful. If we intervened we could help the other rebels fight against assad which would mean ISIS would collapse since there would be no point for its existence. Besides with the amount of civilians he's killed, ISIS is starting to look like a viable alternative to assad. I agree with Turkey's Erdogans view that if we're to be bombing ISIS in syria we also must bomb assad.

So my question is why do people in the west seem to support evil brutal dictators in the middle east like assad? We are a democracy and should help other democracies around the world not support thugs like Assad.

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it either

ReputationRep:
    Devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    We are a democracy and should help other democracies around the world not support thugs like Assad.
    I wonder, since when were ISIS and rebel armies a democratically elected organisation?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.