Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I'm a student currently retaking my AS year after realising I picked the wrong Sujects for what I want to do at uni. I studied chemistry biology maths and English literature thinking medicine was the right career choice for me, I ended up with okay grades (CCCC). So now I'm starting anew with physics geography maths further maths and two applied science level 3 courses hoping to study geology and/or geophysics. What I'm trying to ask will I still be accept into top unis as I'm retaking and does it count as retaking if I've taken new Sujects. Meaning I was hoping to go to Edinburgh but they require examinations in one sitting or perhaps imperial, is it likely I would be considered for an application? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    If you end the year with good grades like AAAA or AAAB or something they'd probably still consider you, in the end grades are key

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iibrah1.314)
    Hi there,
    I'm a student currently retaking my AS year after realising I picked the wrong Sujects for what I want to do at uni. I studied chemistry biology maths and English literature thinking medicine was the right career choice for me, I ended up with okay grades (CCCC). So now I'm starting anew with physics geography maths further maths and two applied science level 3 courses hoping to study geology and/or geophysics. What I'm trying to ask will I still be accept into top unis as I'm retaking and does it count as retaking if I've taken new Sujects. Meaning I was hoping to go to Edinburgh but they require examinations in one sitting or perhaps imperial, is it likely I would be considered for an application? Thanks in advance
    I applied to Edinburgh, I think if you achieve the grades they will let you in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizmoo0721)
    I applied to Edinburgh, I think if you achieve the grades they will let you in.
    were you retaking too or just a standard application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iibrah1.314)
    were you retaking too or just a standard application?
    Standard application, but I did retake some AS modules in A2 year. I didn't end up here though.

ReputationRep:
    Well you are taking these exams in one sitting apart from maths.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.