Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Stupid question? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Okay so this might be a really stupid question, but will studying pharmacy and going into research pharmacy involve animal testing?

    You might do some tissue tests but you cannot do animal testing without a licence. This licence takes several years to obtain and is normally only done by high-ranking scientists in the research industry. There's no chance of you actually doing any animal testing yourself whilst at uni although there is a possibility of your post-uni career involving it (however you can choose not to go down that route and go for another branch of research- it's a very broad area!).

    I don't think you'd be doing it directly but it's quite likely the company you work for will test on animals so it depends how you feel about that
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2015
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.