x Turn on thread page Beta

Thoughts on open relationships? watch

ReputationRep:
    ^ as the above states

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Tbh I think it's fine. You don't always want everything that a proper relationship will throw at you.

ReputationRep:
    Whoever proposes an open relationship just wants to cheat without the repercussions 90% of the time
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    what is an open relationship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Tbh I think it's fine. You don't always want everything that a proper relationship will throw at you.
    I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    A relationship between two people with the agreement that they can sleep with other people. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A relationship where both people basically allow the other to have sex with others

ReputationRep:
    Not my cup of tea. I prefer committed relationships

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    A relationship where both people basically allow the other to have sex with others
    I got there first

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    A relationship between two people with the agreement that they can sleep with other people. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Zuki)
    oh......why would anyone want that though? thanks for explaining both of you

ReputationRep:
    Pointless. Open relationships are the most ludicrous excuses for a relationship.

But that's just my opinion; fully respect that other's may see them as okay and if both partners are up for it then whatever - that's their business and it's their lives.

ReputationRep:
    A relationship that allows you to bang other people :-)

ReputationRep:
    I got there first

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll win next time m8 :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    I'll win next time m8 :ahee:
    We shall see

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Isn't an open relationship also that while you can sleep with others, you can also form relationships with other people? I remember one of my friends had 4 girlfriends because he said they were all 'open relationships', or am I getting that confused with polyamory? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    Isn't an open relationship also that while you can sleep with others, you can also form relationships with other people? I remember one of my friends had 4 girlfriends because he said they were all 'open relationships', or am I getting that confused with polyamory. :/
    Same thing I think. I don't see an issue with it. We all like to have variety.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ideal for people with duckface avatars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Ideal for people with duckface avatars.
    Yeah true

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not my cuppa. In the past I've had FWBs and not been at all bothered by the fact that they, and I, are sleeping with other people because I'm not emotionally attached to them; however, once I got to the point that I got romantically bonded to them (which for me takes a lot of time and means a lot) it'd turn my stomach to know they're having sex with someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Same thing I think. I don't see an issue with it. We all like to have variety.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean I dunno. I'd think the other person doesn't like me enough to want to commit. If there are feelings involved wouldn't there be jealousy? And if there's no jealousy one would question whether they really had feelings for their partner tbh. I do respect that other people may want to have such relationships though.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.