The Student Room Group

My friend stinks

My friend smells really bad. She's my housemate and we have a few classes together so I know it's her and not anyone else (I was paranoid it was me).

It's hard to describe the smell other than really dirty and like poo. The smell hits the back of your throat and makes you cough. It's awful.

She doesn't often shower (2/3 times a week) and she has short hair and she told me she wets it but doesn't wash it because she think shampoo is an unnecessary expense. She had the flu last week and I suggested taking a nice long bath to make her feel better. She didn't. I've also noticed she wears the same top several days in a row (but she has done her washing weekly I think).

The smell isn't like sweat, she just smells incredibly dirty. I've tried to get her to shower and said she could use my shampoo. I've tried to be nice but I can't bare it anymore. Shall I tell her she stinks? I'm out of options now.
Give a her a surprise present - a soap - she'll get it m8 :yy:
I asked my dad he suggested...

Have a party fill a bath and throw her in it.

Thought that was a fairly good effort.
Reply 3
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Give a her a surprise present - a soap - she'll get it m8 :yy:

I had a similar problem with someone following me earlier :lolwut:
Original post by Anonymous
My friend smells really bad. She's my housemate and we have a few classes together so I know it's her and not anyone else (I was paranoid it was me).

It's hard to describe the smell other than really dirty and like poo. The smell hits the back of your throat and makes you cough. It's awful.

She doesn't often shower (2/3 times a week) and she has short hair and she told me she wets it but doesn't wash it because she think shampoo is an unnecessary expense. She had the flu last week and I suggested taking a nice long bath to make her feel better. She didn't. I've also noticed she wears the same top several days in a row (but she has done her washing weekly I think).

The smell isn't like sweat, she just smells incredibly dirty. I've tried to get her to shower and said she could use my shampoo. I've tried to be nice but I can't bare it anymore. Shall I tell her she stinks? I'm out of options now.

Get a guy to tell her! That'll definitely do the trick :lol:
Original post by Zuki
I had a similar problem with someone following me earlier :lolwut:

Bet they were following you to give you soap m8 :/
Reply 6
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Bet they were following you to give you soap m8 :/

Idk m8 :indiff: It was u. Did u use the soap first
Reply 7
Take a shower together
Reply 8
Maybe she is not getting the message as you are being quite subtle. Perhaps now you need to talk to her one to one and say something like:

"I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but you have quite a strong body odour. I noticed you don't wash as often as you should to be clean and healthy and I am concerned about it. I don't want to offend you but I know if it were me, I would want to know"
just gotta be straight with her:stink:
Slip a note in her locker or something lol "bit*h you ****ing stink" Don't include the "bi*ch" part
Original post by Jenx301
Maybe she is not getting the message as you are being quite subtle. Perhaps now you need to talk to her one to one and say something like:

"I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but you have quite a strong body odour. I noticed you don't wash as often as you should to be clean and healthy and I am concerned about it. I don't want to offend you but I know if it were me, I would want to know"

I've said "it smells around here" and tried to mention it more frequently but thanks for the tip. Probably the most useful suggestion. I'm worried about offending or upsetting her as she can get quite touchy and sensitive. The smell is too bad now though.
You don't have to shampoo your hair that much lol , but for everything else she needs to fix asap.
Reply 13
Start spraying air freshener as soon as she enters the house

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending