Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Deadline confusion? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi So I've sent my medical application the day before yesterday. And the deadline was yesterday. BUT, on track, it says 'If you made a mistake with this choice, you can still substitute it (for a limited period only)'. It's past the deadline for the BMAT too, so IF I DID substitute one of my choices to a BMAT university, will I be wasting an application because I haven't registered my BMAT FOR THAT UNIVERSITY, but another one.

To put it in context, I want to change Lancaster to Brighton and Sussex.
    In school, ages before the deadline, I spoke our exams officer and she signed me up to take the BMAT, and the universities I told her to put down for the BMAT included Lancaster and NOT Brighton and Sussex.

So, AM I past the deadline for choosing my BMAT university? or JUST the BMAT REGISTRATION? and if I DID change from Lancaster to Brighton and Sussex, would I be wasting my application because I haven't told my school to sign me up for Brighton and Sussex to send my BMAT results to???? I'm literally soo confused!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f.loco)
    Hi So I've sent my medical application the day before yesterday. And the deadline was yesterday. BUT, on track, it says 'If you made a mistake with this choice, you can still substitute it (for a limited period only)'. It's past the deadline for the BMAT too, so IF I DID substitute one of my choices to a BMAT university, will I be wasting an application because I haven't registered my BMAT FOR THAT UNIVERSITY, but another one.

To put it in context, I want to change Lancaster to Brighton and Sussex.
    In school, ages before the deadline, I spoke our exams officer and she signed me up to take the BMAT, and the universities I told her to put down for the BMAT included Lancaster and NOT Brighton and Sussex.

So, AM I past the deadline for choosing my BMAT university? or JUST the BMAT REGISTRATION? and if I DID change from Lancaster to Brighton and Sussex, would I be wasting my application because I haven't told my school to sign me up for Brighton and Sussex to send my BMAT results to???? I'm literally soo confused!!
    Ask your school if they can actually change Lancaster to BSMS first, because the universities they put down there are the ones who will receive it since if they can't actually change to BSMS then there's no point trying to change it yourself

And I think that if you substitute a medical school in after the deadline the universities will just ignore your application since it was past the deadline, so if you change it in track yourself and then it turns out that's right then you've just ruined your application for both Lancaster and BSMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Ask your school if they can actually change Lancaster to BSMS first, because the universities they put down there are the ones who will receive it since if they can't actually change to BSMS then there's no point trying to change it yourself

And I think that if you substitute a medical school in after the deadline the universities will just ignore your application since it was past the deadline, so if you change it in track yourself and then it turns out that's right then you've just ruined your application for both Lancaster and BSMS
    Oooooohhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.