The Student Room Group

Tell me what it is about beer you like cuz Im sure people only drink it to look cool.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eva.Gregoria
The general public don't tend to go for upmarket stuff though, the classic 4 pack beer in tesco sells very well and I'm pretty sure it tastes like watered down toilet water. Why do people actually drink this stuff?

Some 4 packs of beer are quite nice, even your Fosters or Stella are quite drinkable chilled. Personally I quite like lagers but I prefer a wheat beer like Leffe.
Original post by DiddyDec
Some 4 packs of beer are quite nice, even your Fosters or Stella are quite drinkable chilled. Personally I quite like lagers but I prefer a wheat beer like Leffe.

They're not nice, you've just convinced yourself that it is drinkable. I drink tonnes of pure black coffee and over time I've come to find the taste almost pleasant but I'll never describe it as nice, I'd call it an acquired taste.
They're not nice, you've just convinced yourself that it is drinkable. I drink tonnes of pure black coffee and over time I've come to find the taste almost pleasant but I'll never describe it as nice, I'd call it an acquired taste.

Everyone has a different palate and I like beer. It is drinkable, but not as drinkable as Old Rosie.
Everyone has a different palate and I like beer. It is drinkable, but not as drinkable as Old Rosie.

I still say the general public are sheep and claim they enjoy beer because everyone else does.
does ginger beer count lol??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still say the general public are sheep and claim they enjoy beer because everyone else does.

People like beer, get over it.
What a bizarre thread.

I can't understand why people like dark chocolate, but I wouldn't claim that anybody who does must be pretending. :rolleyes:
People like beer, get over it.

Doesn't mean people like the taste.
Doesn't mean people like the taste.

Lots of people like the taste.
Lots of people like the taste.

Acquired taste
Acquired taste

The best things are.
Reply 31
The ignorance is rife throughout this thread.

How old are you op?

The 'bitter' taste is enjoyable to most beer drinkers. It's intentional. If you've only sampled beers like Stella, Fosters, Carling etc, then that's like me saying all Indian food is disgusting because I had a takeaway curry and didn't like it.

There are so many different kinds of beers. From sweeter, less carbonated ales, to your pale lagers...to your stouts...to your hoppy IPAs....and then Belgian beer is just in a league of its own. The historical context of beer is just outrageous. I spent hours in a museum in San Diego dedicated to beer and the development in civilization attributed to beer is just mental.

Beer is life.
Original post by JD1lla

How old are you op?

The 'bitter' taste is enjoyable to most beer drinkers. It's intentional. If you've only sampled beers like Stella, Fosters, Carling etc, then that's like me saying all Indian food is disgusting because I had a takeaway curry and didn't like it.

There are so many different kinds of beers. From sweeter, less carbonated ales, to your pale lagers...to your stouts...to your hoppy IPAs....and then Belgian beer is just in a league of its own. The historical context of beer is just outrageous. I spent hours in a museum in San Diego dedicated to beer and the development in civilization attributed to beer is just mental.

Beer is life.

Are you by chance an alcoholic?
Reply 33
Are you by chance an alcoholic?

...there are alcohol free beers too.
Original post by JD1lla
...there are alcohol free beers too.

But that's not what you were referring to was it?
Reply 35
London Porter tastes like beautiful dark alcoholic heaven

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
But that's not what you were referring to was it?

okay no I'm not an alcoholic.
Reply 37
Original post by JD1lla

How old are you op?

Beer is life.

I think you have a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Souljer
I think you have a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why..
Original post by Souljer
Beer doesn't have a sweet taste

Yes it does. Some does anyway. Others taste quite bitter, and people like that, I know I do.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest