Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Endometriosis watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone suffers with endometriosis and how long it took for you to be diagnosed...

I have been mentioning this to my doctor since late 2012-2013. He stated it was all in my head the fear of not being able to have children as I already had a miscarriage.

After suffering a lot worse with my cycles this year, I decided to get a 2nd opinion at another hospital in July, he did a laparoscopy(camera) to find I have stage 2 endometriosis. Unfortunately, when I went back to my follow up I was greeted very rudely by a Doctor who in my opinion was terrible. He stated this couldn't be removed as it was right on my uterus(not sure how true this is, but okay not a problem). My fear is this getting worse as I get older, as I'd like to go to university and have a career before children (I'm only 18). The doctor told me to go and get pregnant to cure endometriosis and I know this is definitely not true. He didn't seem bothered in the slightest and when I was upset and in tears, he said this isn't a tumour its only endometriosis.

As it's only stage 2, I understand many women are suffering with stage 3 and 4 and having hysterectomy's but I'd just like to hear peoples stories as at the moment I feel so fed up with this and so scared and alone with my thoughts of not knowing whether I'm going to have children or not especially with me having a miscarriage previously.

:confused:

you poor thing

I already have conditions such as interstitial cystitis, IBS. this year, iv had a rough year and only recently got told I had a haemorrhage ovarian cyst. I'm waiting to see a gynaecologist but GP thinks I may have ENDO. I have always had painful periods, but never thought I would have endo. do you get bladder issues?

I'm worried sick my ovaries may have to be removed and I will be left infertile and just like you I'm in no position to have children even though I want to have a family..
    I'm young like you as well its not the kind of stress you want..

this disease is horrible.. for what it does.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.