Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are Americans likely to be targeted in Europe in retaliation for US Military actions? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was reading this warning on the State Department website.

http://www.travel.state.gov/content/...on.html#Europe

EUROPE: Current information suggests that ISIL, al-Qa’ida, its affiliated organizations, and other terrorist groups continue to plan terrorist attacks against U.S. and Western interests in Europe. On January 7, 2015, two armed gunmen entered the Paris offices of a satirical news magazine and killed 12 people, including two police officers. Al-Qa’aida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) took credit for the attack. On January 9, a man attacked a kosher market in Paris immediately killing four people. Also in January, Belgian counter-terrorist units foiled what was described as an imminent terror attack, when they killed two gunmen and wounded another in a shootout in the town of Verviers, near the German border. On February 14, at an event in Copenhagen, Denmark called Art, blasphemy and the freedom of expression, a gunman opened fire killing one person and wounding three police officers. On June 26, terrorists attacked a U.S.-owned factory near Lyon, France, killing one and injuring others.

Authorities believe the likelihood of terror attacks in Europe will continue as European members of ISIL return from Syria and Iraq. Additionally, there is a continuing threat in Europe from unaffiliated persons planning attacks inspired by major terrorist organizations but conducted on an individual basis. European governments have taken action to guard against terrorist attacks, and some have made official declarations regarding heightened threat conditions.
    I'm vaguely curious about how much anti-American sentiment exists in Europe, and how likely American citizens are to be targeted there due to resentment of American imperialism, anger over that hospital bombing, and possibly people blaming us for the refugee situation due to president Obama letting things get out of hand in the Middle East. The idea of Europeans being so frustrated with us that they'd join ISIL sounds pretty bad, honestly.

I would imagine that if any country in Europe is friendly to American citizens, it would probably be the UK (thanks for being our allies, by the way), and I notice that all the terrorist attacks mentioned by the State Department have occurred in continental Europe rather than in the British Isles.

Anyone have a general sense of what the sentiment towards Americans is in Europe right now?

ReputationRep:
    On a personal level I think they're pretty sound people, they always have an enthusiasm for what they are doing; its very much a can do culture. Its just unfortunate that it is the epicentre of the Rothschild Zionist cabal and all the psychopathic warmongering scum associated with that jewish mafia. But I think people can separate all that from the average small town American.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.