Turn on thread page Beta

FM 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a regular FM buyer (CM 01/02 -> CM 93/94 -> FM 06 -> FM 07 -> FM 14), but I'm getting emails from SI about the latest game. And the latest image got me compelled to comment (what's funny is it actually looks simpler than FM 14, say).

I think this is getting overkill recently. FM has improved regularly to add more detail and interactivity, but it's getting to the point where they're overdoing it. Managers don't sit with every player every game (let alone pretty good ones) and go through a big list telling them specifically how hard to tackle, how to hit a pass.

I know FM isn't really a simulation of football management (it's as much a simulation of the daily work of a manager as Call of Duty is the patrol of a private), but I got FM 14 and found myself clicking way too much, basically. I've always wanted more depth, but it's gone from the extreme of too little options to too many.

I think the layout needs a major overhaul and they need to remove some instructions. It seems it would be perfect if they kept with the roles from recent FMs combined with just a few necessary individual instructions from the CM or early FM days. That's how it is, you tell Paul Scholes 'I want you in central attacking midfield, you know what that entails, but ease off the tackles because you're **** at those'.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.