Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am 19 years old and I left college back in 2014.

At college I studied Personal Training which is a L3 BTEC.

Since I have left, I have lost interest in Personal Training and I am a bit stuck in what career to pursue.

Maths has always been my strongest subject but I am aware that most jobs that involve Maths are business-based and I am not sure why but I am scared to go into anything that revolves around finance (e.g. Accountancy) because I have never really been interested in that side of things.

If I was to go to university I wouldn't want to study full-time, I'd prefer to go to a local university once or twice a week.

I am completely unsure on what career I want... I want a job where I am not always doing the same repetitive tasks and not always in the same spot but I want to feel mentally stimulated at the same time if you know what I mean.

Could anybody please help me out with some advice? I am currently stuck in a crappy part-time job in retail and I just want to get into a proper career now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.