Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I recently came across lots of spring weeks/insight days but mostly they open only two second-years on a four year course. Would anyone have any hints on what first-year students on a four year course can do? Are there be any other opportunities that they may take?

Would really appreciate any constructive advice.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Same issue here.. I am sorry I can't really help you, but have you thought of doing volunteering abroad? I think it's also a way how differentiate yourself from the others..

ReputationRep:
    find a summer internship, or cold-call smaller firms to see if you can grab some experience/exposure somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    find a summer internship, or cold-call smaller firms to see if you can grab some experience/exposure somewhere
    Thanks for your response. Seems getting a summer internship is even more difficult than a spring insight.. So what did you do? cold-calling local smaller boutique IBs/smaller consulting firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stellaris)
    Thanks for your response. Seems getting a summer internship is even more difficult than a spring insight.. So what did you do? cold-calling local smaller boutique IBs/smaller consulting firm?
    converted a spring week

ReputationRep:
    converted a spring week
    lol. my question is exactly that we are not eligible for spring week in the first place...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stellaris)
    lol. my question is exactly that we are not eligible for spring week in the first place...
    ask friends, find insight days, make connections and get exp somehow. where there's a will theres a way.

i did a back office summer internship before i even started uni

ReputationRep:
    ask friends, find insight days, make connections and get exp somehow. where there's a will theres a way.

i did a back office summer internship before i even started uni
    Haha yes. Having an internship before uni is pretty impressive!

Thank you for replying!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.