Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It may be stupid. It may be foolish. It may be pointless. But I want to live my life with no regrets, I really am in love with my ex. She probably won't want to try again but I want to try and convince that we were a god damn good couple and that now we've developed abit individually we should try again.

Go!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why did you guys break up?

ReputationRep:
    Bad idea. There's plenty more to be had, so move on.

ReputationRep:
    just change the stuff that she didnt like about you

ReputationRep:
    Bring it up with her I guess. It wouldn't hurt to try. Unless you were no good for each other and there are other complications or if she's already interested in another guy. I mean if she says no, let it go of course.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. But when it doesn't work out you can tell yourself 'at least I tried' and you shouldn't regret anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well do it then. No offence but this isn't as interesting and exciting to read as you seem to think it is. If you want her back, say you want her back. However if you broke up awhile ago or because of you being a *******, expect a big custard pie. If she has a new partner definitively don't go there, you'll just embarrass yourself.

Summary - do it then, (what do you want from us?) but don't get your hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    You need to remember that getting back is the exception rather than the norm and a hell of a lot of futile angst is generated by hopes like this. But I hope it turns in to a Prince William and Catherine success story for you.

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking of a response for this for a few days.

First, I'm wasn't a ******* and I expect it to be turned down.

I don't know the reason she just said she loved me but was in love. It was very out the blue, my friends, her friends and our mutual friends can't understand as we were a happy solid couple. She said I had done nothing wrong - so to me a bit weak answer wise.

The post is more about how and when is best to do it rather than should I. I will do it to either get her back for closure and no regrets.

I would like to apologise to her for a few things I did during the 2.5 relationship as well, no cheating but causing a few specific arguments that I regret.

So advice on how to approach the task would be very much appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "she loved me but was not in love with me" That statement is basically saying she no longer sees you as someone she is sexually attracted to but still loves you in a way a mother loves her child. Don't try and rekindle the relationship, it's over. :begone:

ReputationRep:
    Bad idea, move on

ReputationRep:
    Correction: she said she fell out of love with me

We hadn't seen each other in 10 weeks. She was crying and saying sorry throughout the whole hour break up. Said she didn't want to hurt me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hookers.... Hookers are always the answer....

ReputationRep:
    How to have a meaningful relationship? ^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would still suggest hookers..... hoes are much more loyal when you're paying them!

ReputationRep:
    Nah don't think it's for me though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you're struggling financially it doesn't have to be a particularly expensive hooker..... why should Hugh Hefner be the only one who gets all the fun eh?

ReputationRep:
    Last correction: reread the message she last sent she said she was happy and content but not in love.

I now it's probably futile but when you're in love you always hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Look no prostitutes :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.