Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is Japanese food healthy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been thinking if Japanese food is healthy. Some people believe that it is really heathy due to the fact Japanese people do eat many vegetables. I believe Japanese food is healthy. Although, some of them look healthy and it is not. Tempura, for instance is not that healthy, there are vegetables inside which look healthy but it is not because they are fried. It also happens with many fried japanese food. However, I do believe Japanese food is heatlhy and I like it.

What is your real opinion about it?

ReputationRep:
    Are you really unable to form an opinion about something without a group consensus?

ReputationRep:
    Ever seen a fat Japanese person? There's your answer.

ReputationRep:
    I currently live in Japan, and I would say it depends. Every country will have food that's good for you and food that's bad for you. Generally though, people here eat a lot of vegetables, fish, miso soup and drink a lot of green tea (good for you). There are still things like tempura and ramen, which aren't great for you, and Japanese people tend to eat a lot of salt, but unlike the UK, food has a lot less fat in it.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG2Ms5clbU0

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.