Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

to those commuting watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    First of all I just mention I lived in halls and later a house share so I on't have experience of computing which is why I'm asking this question.

To those with a long commute (over 30 mins each way) do you wish you'd lived in halls?

I ask because I find travelling really tiring and I know if I had along train journey (I've herd of people commuting 2.5 hours) I'd be to knackered at the end of it to be any use at all in uni

I also love the social side of thing and would seriously kick myself if I missed that you can't really know until you get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    First of all I just mention I lived in halls and later a house share so I on't have experience of computing which is why I'm asking this question.

To those with a long commute (over 30 mins each way) do you wish you'd lived in halls?

I ask because I find travelling really tiring and I know if I had along train journey (I've herd of people commuting 2.5 hours) I'd be to knackered at the end of it to be any use at all in uni

I also love the social side of thing and would seriously kick myself if I missed that you can't really know until you get there.
    I'm currently commuting and hate it. The travelling itself isn't too bad - around and hour. I just find it difficult putting up with my parents all the time. I don't think 30 minutes is too bad! You can still go to social events, but for me, this is difficult as my first few experiences of getting the late trains home were not so good. I definitely wish I lived in halls.

ReputationRep:
    I commute - it takes me about 30- 40 minutes on the bus because I am staying in a flat instead, I would still rather live in my flat - my friend who lives in halls sometimes likes it but does find it often too busy

If you have to commute then try to see it as a time when you can get work done or a time to relax, so i always either read a book or listen to music and I quite enjoy the journeys much more now
    Hope it works out

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.