Turn on thread page Beta

Should I feel guilty? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Because I'm very close with my family and my grandma's not feeling very well lately (she lives with us), I've been visiting home every two weeks. However, none of my flatmates have actually gone home yet (It's been a month) and I feel that my flatmates are judging me in some way. I even overheard one of the girls say I'm 'not independent'. To be fair, I cook and clean after myself at home because my mum is usually busy with work and looking after my grandma so there's really not much difference. It's just making me feel guilty in some way in going home. Also, out of my flatmates, my hometown is the closest to my uni (1hr30) and only costs me £12 return on the train. And my flatmates are party animals and I'm really not so going home is paradise right now.

ReputationRep:
    So your grandma being sick is not the actual reason you go home, it's you finding home as a paradise.
    Why are you bothered about what they say if you don't wish to interact with them interms of just hanging out with them.
    I'm not sure why you feel bad about them saying you're not independent...you said your self 'home is paradise'

ReputationRep:
    No, you shouldn't feel guilty. Stop over thinking things you'll drive yourself crazy.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.