Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To people who have studied the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science what degrees can you do with this qualification? thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (I know this is from 3 weeks ago but still hope this helps!)

If you get at least DDM, you can study most science courses at university with the BTEC. Also, there are a lot of foundation courses available which are aimed at students who have the academic potential to succeed on a course but for whatever reason, did not achieve the A level grades require for the course; as a BTEC student you should really look into these!

Think about what uni courses you're interested in (biology? chemistry? physics? psychology?) and use the UCAS website to search for courses. There should be a tab on each course's page that says, "entry requirements" and if you click the BTEC button on it, it will say whether or not the uni accepts the BTEC for the course. Some do, some don't, some want you to have an extra A level, some only accept some obscure BTEC subject... you just have to check.

ReputationRep:
    Can you get into uni if you get PPP?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing BTEC Pharmaceutical Science and have been given an offer from uni to study MPharm and all I need is a PP. 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy7348)
    I am doing BTEC Pharmaceutical Science and have been given an offer from uni to study MPharm and all I need is a PP. 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
    so youre doing a btec in pharmaceutical science? and you need only PP not PPP? i don't understand the btec grading criteria why are there three grades please could you tell me? also, so you have been offered a place to study Pharmacy is it? and from what uni?

ReputationRep:
    You get 2 grades (PP) from a diploma and 3 grades from an extended diploma, and at level 3 they are equivalent to 2 and 3 A levels respectively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suirrel)
    You get 2 grades (PP) from a diploma and 3 grades from an extended diploma, and at level 3 they are equivalent to 2 and 3 A levels respectively.
    you know on the assignment brief there are tasks for each unit if you do every single distinction task does that mean you will end up with DDD if you pass the task and if you pass all the pass tasks do you get PPP and if you pass all the merit tasks do you get MMM also how do you get like MDD if this is the case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PP0121)
    you know on the assignment brief there are tasks for each unit if you do every single distinction task does that mean you will end up with DDD if you pass the task and if you pass all the pass tasks do you get PPP and if you pass all the merit tasks do you get MMM also how do you get like MDD if this is the case?
    You need to get all the pass criteria to get an overall pass on the assignment, all passes and merits to get a merit, and all passes, merits, and distinctions to get a distinction on the assignment.

Your overall grade (e.g. MMP or DMM) is based on how many points you score. Each unit has a certain amount of credits (e.g. 10) which is how much the unit is worth compared to others (which might be worth 20 credits or 5 credits or whatever). A pass might be worth 7 points, merit 8 points, and a distinction might be 9 points. Then you add all of that up and see how that final number counts against the grade boundaries.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...ml#tab-BTECQCF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PP0121)
    so youre doing a btec in pharmaceutical science? and you need only PP not PPP? i don't understand the btec grading criteria why are there three grades please could you tell me? also, so you have been offered a place to study Pharmacy is it? and from what uni?
    Yes, to become a Pharmacy Technician. It's a 2 year course whereas I believe an extended diploma is 3 years? However, yes I have been given an offer to study MPharm with a foundation year at Wolverhampton. Still awaiting responses from Keele and UEA 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy7348)
    Yes, to become a Pharmacy Technician. It's a 2 year course whereas I believe an extended diploma is 3 years? However, yes I have been given an offer to study MPharm with a foundation year at Wolverhampton. Still awaiting responses from Keele and UEA 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Extended diploma is 2 years, just has more units in that period.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.