I'm not homophobic but.. Watch

SwedishRedhead
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
why do gay men seem to talk about sex/in a "sexual" way more openly/explicitly?

(I have nothing against gay people btw.. just curious. Maybe it is just the ones I know haha)
Treeroy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You don't think straight people talk about sex all the time?

Maybe you just don't notice straight people talking about it because it's passed off as normal in your brain; you only notice it when it's sex that you don't like.
SwedishRedhead
Rep:
?
(Original post by Treeroy)
You don't think straight people talk about sex all the time?

Maybe you just don't notice straight people talking about it because it's passed off as normal in your brain; you only notice it when it's sex that you don't like.
Hi Treeroy, I know you're gay.

The OP makes it obvious I don't dislike gay sex. Don't put words in my mouth. :rolleyes:

Sometimes someone's talking like this and I only find out later he's gay too.
zyzzyspirit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Because they are attention seekers, duh...
SwedishRedhead
Rep:
?
(Original post by zyzzyspirit)
Because they are attention seekers, duh...
There are attention seekers who are straight too.

I know loads of straight "lads" as you say in England who talk like that?
Danz123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SwedishRedhead)

(I have nothing against gay people btw.. just curious. Maybe it is just the ones I know haha)
Do they? I've never noticed that among any gay friends lol

Maybe there's no pretense there. They feel more comfortable being sexually open in that environment, whereas straight people can be more open in general because their sexuality is seen as the norm.
dreamlover
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well, work it out. What's the common factor? They're both men. Women are more reserved about that sort of thing.
Eveiebaby
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dreamlover)
Well, work it out. What's the common factor? They're both men. Women are more reserved about that sort of thing.
This.
Also lots of lad type straight guys are extremely explicit. How can it be possible not to notice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Straight men don't chat about sex in front of women, and straight women don't chat about sex in front of men. Whereas I imagine gay men can both identify as having a chat with the lads about sex because it's what men do, while camp gays also often identify as "one of the girls" and subsequently chat about sex with them. So there's probably no barrier for them that says "ladies present, can't talk about sex right now" and so seem to talk about it more openly.

That's my 2p's worth anyway
zohra25
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
this is rich, most straight men cant go a second without talking sexually about women, even if its just random women on the street and they make remarks to their mates
(Original post by SwedishRedhead)

adsdawafasdasda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oops... someones a bit bitter. men have the right to talk about people. they dont have to stop do anything simply bc YOU dont like them doing it, unfortunately there are times where that wont be possible and thats part of life, men get talked about too! and as for harrasing people, thats really wrong. the men in ur life are toxic, branch out maybe?
(Original post by zohra25)
this is rich, most straight men cant go a second without talking sexually about women, even if its just random women on the street and they make remarks to their mates
zohra25
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oops... someones a bit stupid. i never said men dont have the right to talk about people. the OP was saying that gay men are more open about sexual discussion, and i responded saying straight men are too no need to get ur feelings hurt
(Original post by adsdawafasdasda)
oops... someones a bit bitter. men have the right to talk about people. they dont have to stop do anything simply bc YOU dont like them doing it, unfortunately there are times where that wont be possible and thats part of life, men get talked about too! and as for harrasing people, thats really wrong. the men in ur life are toxic, branch out maybe?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Because men have a high sex drive so if you or 2 men together you know what’s gonna happen
GodIsAWomann
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the title reminds me of this video
adsdawafasdasda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There was no need to say it so rudely eh? Your use of "this is rich" and how you phrased your sentence implied that yo think literally all straight men are pigs.
(Original post by zohra25)
oops... someones a bit stupid. i never said men dont have the right to talk about people. the OP was saying that gay men are more open about sexual discussion, and i responded saying straight men are too no need to get ur feelings hurt
zohra25
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
everyones a pig, op was making it seem like only gay men are, had to set the record straight even women have their times, and theres nothing wrong with it, no need to take such personal offence love.
(Original post by adsdawafasdasda)
There was no need to say it so rudely eh? Your use of "this is rich" and how you phrased your sentence implied that yo think literally all straight men are pigs.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yawn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (229)
72.24%
Jeremy Hunt (88)
27.76%

Watched Threads