The Student Room Group

Newbies Ignored?

Would you say it's true that you are more likely to reply to the threads/posts of older members than newer ones, and if yes then why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i dont think i ever really notice...i been around since jan so wudnt consider myself a newbie
Reply 2
SEX KITTEN
Would you say it's true that you are more likely to reply to the threads/posts of older members than newer ones, and if yes then why?

i dont personally, but i see some people only reply to the older members. like a few weeks back a new member asked a question had no reply for 4 hours then one of the older members asked the same question and post threads was over 100
Reply 3
I'm still a newbie, so I can't answer that question... Although my threads have been answered to, most notably the Homosexuality one in the debate and dicussion subforum. I had a nice little arguement with a certain member whos name should not be mentioned!
Reply 4
SEX KITTEN

im still a newbie! ignoredby old members? dont think so! :redface:
Reply 5
It would have been funny if no one had replied to this thread... :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Ellie4
It would have been funny if no one had replied to this thread... :rolleyes:

do you think it's a bad thread?
Reply 7
SEX KITTEN
do you think it's a bad thread?

No, it just would have proved that newbies were ignored... Never mind, my attempt at being funny. I don't think threads are ignored because newbies start them though, probably just because no one knows the answer to the question or the topic's been covered before.
Reply 8
kriztinae
im still a newbie! ignoredby old members? dont think so! :redface:

You are... And you have a higher post count than me :frown: :biggrin: Lol! Although I was on 500 last night, I believe a thread has been deleted, and along with it, some of my posts... Always a joy to find that happening.
Reply 9
i think everyone says stuff about newbies, coz when they first join, the start posting without reading the faq's and make stupid mistakes which annoy everyone....
Reply 10
Ellie4
No, it just would have proved that newbies were ignored... Never mind, my attempt at being funny. I don't think threads are ignored because newbies start them though, probably just because no one knows the answer to the question or the topic's been covered before.

oh ok cool. thanks for replying and saying your view :biggrin:
Reply 11
dazya911 and thewolf why do you ignore new people?
kokopops1
i think everyone says stuff about newbies, coz when they first join, the start posting without reading the faq's and make stupid mistakes which annoy everyone....

I'm glad to say I didn't! I joined in with the fox hunting debate, started the homosexuality debate, and then just sat back for a while.
Reply 13
SEX KITTEN

they're too good for the likes of newbies
Reply 14
chats
they're too good for the likes of newbies

hehe. what's so good about them?
Reply 15
SEX KITTEN
hehe. what's so good about them?

lol no..soz i didnt know this was a public poll
Fleff
You are... And you have a higher post count than me :frown: :biggrin: Lol! Although I was on 500 last night, I believe a thread has been deleted, and along with it, some of my posts... Always a joy to find that happening.

its coz icant seem to get off this thing!
its very addictive!!
Reply 17
TheWolf

hahaha...wolfy....tut tut
SEX KITTEN

lol thats not true! both dazzya and thewolf are one my msn, both added me both wanted to speak to me!
that doesnt make sence!
Reply 19
TheWolf

well otherwise i wouldn;t know who to ask about why they ignored new people. were you just joking then?

Latest

Trending

Trending