Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I hope newbies dont get ignored. Iv been reading this board for a while but have had problems registering. But i probably do see why people would most likely to reply to older members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shellebell)
    I hope newbies dont get ignored. Iv been reading this board for a while but have had problems registering. But i probably do see why people would most likely to reply to older members.
    why do you think that is? because they kinda know each other?

ReputationRep:
    a lot of newbies seem rather innocent and virginal compared to a lot of the older forumites on here - they seem less tainted by the adversities of UKL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    a lot of newbies seem rather innocent and virginal compared to a lot of the older forumites on here - they seem less tainted by the adversities of UKL
    what do you mean adversities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEX KITTEN)
    what do you mean adversities?

the hardships/difficulties of the relentless and unhinged pace of UKL

ReputationRep:
    hmm

ReputationRep:
    the hardships/difficulties of the relentless and unhinged pace of UKL
    lol ok. like what? give an example

ReputationRep:
    why do you think that is? because they kinda know each other?
    Yeah something on the lines of that, as they are more familiar with eachother and probably know some things about eachother too. I dont mind though, the longer am here people might get more familiar with me

ReputationRep:
    lol ok. like what? give an example

well you know - the frenzied pace of some of the threads, in terms of how many people post on them - and a newbies post just gets lost within all of it -

and sometimes the rather more brusque and unfriendliness elments of a hectic forum can certainly frustrate some newbies

ReputationRep:
    well you know - the frenzied pace of some of the threads, in terms of how many people post on them - and a newbies post just gets lost within all of it -

and sometimes the rather more brusque and unfriendliness elments of a hectic forum can certainly frustrate some newbies
    ok. who are the oldest members on here then?

ReputationRep:

i couldn't name offhand - you'd have to find out yourself by lookin around lol

ReputationRep:
    Would you say it's true that you are more likely to reply to the threads/posts of older members than newer ones, and if yes then why?
    How long do you have to have been here not to be considered a newby? Personally I base whether or not I reply to a thread on what it consits of.

ReputationRep:
    click on the Members List u will see

ReputationRep:
    I've also noticed that the threads of people with 500-1000+ posts just get carried on for ages and the ones by others usually get ignored with only a few replies.

This newbie crap is so immature and needless. Should we call the people who've been here ages lifers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Quixote)
    I've also noticed that the threads of people with 500-1000+ posts just get carried on for ages and the ones by others usually get ignored with only a few replies.

This newbie crap is so immature and needless. Should we call the people who've been here ages lifers?
    the answer is common sence so im not gonna bother!

ReputationRep:
    i think UKL is just like a town on net, people talk to who they know not strangers, just like in real life, eventually newbies will make new friends on the forum. common sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    i think UKL is just like a town on net, people talk to who they know not strangers, just like in real life, eventually newbies will make new friends on the forum. common sense
    exactly
    common sence!

ReputationRep:
    Would you say it's true that you are more likely to reply to the threads/posts of older members than newer ones, and if yes then why?
    actually, even though i voted no, i would say yes to that question, because i would rather have a conversation with people i know then people that might just start swearing and ruin the whole thing. But i dont ignore them, i would probably still post most of the time.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.