The Student Room Group

EU admit an EU army is far closer than people think-do you support it?

Poll

Do you support an EU army?

EU leaders admit an EU army is moving along very quickly, it would have the job of controlling borders (so no UK border force) and would also replace the UK armed forces so the UK army becomes part of the EU army. They stated national control would be abolished so the UK armed forces would be under the full control of Brussels

Do you support an EU army? with the EU in control of our army & making the decisions e.g. if we go to war with Russia, defense of UK borders etc

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/612710/European-leaders-EU-ARMY-close-to-reality-Juncker
Reply 1
The british people will revolt if this happen
Reply 2
Given their tendency to outright make up news you are going to have to give a better source than the Express
Reply 3
Seriously, using the crappiest source (bar the Daily Mail perhaps) and then using it as if it's the holiest of resources is rather showing of certain people's mentality.
Reply 4
I believe it, the Express never lies unlike the BBC who are full of lefty commies and fascists.
Reply 5
Oh nice. Another arm of NATO.
Reply 6
Your question is flawed.

I support the EU having a single army however I don't want the UK to be part of it.
Original post by Ace123
EU leaders admit an EU army is moving along very quickly, it would have the job of controlling borders (so no UK border force) and would also replace the UK armed forces so the UK army becomes part of the EU army. They stated national control would be abolished so the UK armed forces would be under the full control of Brussels

Do you support an EU army? with the EU in control of our army & making the decisions e.g. if we go to war with Russia, defense of UK borders etc

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/612710/European-leaders-EU-ARMY-close-to-reality-Juncker

You kind of miss the point.

It's all or nothing we will eventually all speak one language, have one government, army and currency and be called the USE United States of Europe.

That's fine if people want to vote for it, it's the natural conclusion for the eu regardless of if it happens within 10 years or 100 years it's going to happen.

Personally I'll vote out and skip the issue.

If we don't vote out I think we should speed up the process of the eu to the USE as the quicker it comes the better in that circumstance this halfway house isn't fit for purpose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
You kind of miss the point.

It's all or nothing we will eventually all speak one language, have one government, army and currency and be called the USE United States of Europe.

That's fine if people want to vote for it, it's the natural conclusion for the eu regardless of if it happens within 10 years or 100 years it's going to happen.

Personally I'll vote out and skip the issue.

If we don't vote out I think we should speed up the process of the eu to the USE as the quicker it comes the better in that circumstance this halfway house isn't fit for purpose

Posted from TSR Mobile

The media and political class have deliberately "missed the point" for decades now. This has always been the "progress" towards which the EU is directed. This has always been obvious to anti-federalists who have consistently pointed these things out, only to be labelled swivel-eyed loons and conspiracy theorists by Europhiles, exactly the people who are meant to be supporting all of this but refuse to admit to the consequences.
Reply 9
Original post by thesabbath
The media and political class have deliberately "missed the point" for decades now. This has always been the "progress" towards which the EU is directed. This has always been obvious to anti-federalists who have consistently pointed these things out, only to be labelled swivel-eyed loons and conspiracy theorists by Europhiles, exactly the people who are meant to be supporting all of this but refuse to admit to the consequences.

I don't think your called loony because of highlighting a federal endgoal but rather because you have people who talk about the 'eussr' ECT.. A lot of people who strongly want out don't understand the concept of presentation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending