Dropping out of my degree - Can I get it funded again later? Watch

Glass Cake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello! I completed my HND in Business Management earlier this year, and moved on to studying the degree course last month. However, due to a variety of events going on in my life right now, I don't feel like right now is the right time to continue my studies. I understand that SAAS has a 'False start' rule, but I'm not sure how that would apply to me, since I'm dropping out rather than failing any kind of exam. I do plan to go back to the Business Management degree in the future, so I wouldn't be changing courses either. If I did choose to go back to the course in the future, would SAAS still fund my studies, or would I have to pay my own way? Thanks in advance for any replies.
pixuella
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You wouldn't be able to get paid for doing an HND again, even if you go into an HNC (unless you have done it before) you would be paid for that. SAAS just pays you for one year of study, no matter if you go onto 3rd year uni (which is not possible ofcourse) and then drop out and then go and do HNC, HND, 1st and 2nd year, they would still not pay you for the 3rd if you know what I mean. You won't get paid for repeated years
It's a shame. Additionally SAAS can only pay you for 5 years of your study. So, based on myself I am getting paid for: HNC and from next year for 4 years of my uni and that's it.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by pixuella)
You wouldn't be able to get paid for doing an HND again, even if you go into an HNC (unless you have done it before) you would be paid for that. SAAS just pays you for one year of study, no matter if you go onto 3rd year uni (which is not possible ofcourse) and then drop out and then go and do HNC, HND, 1st and 2nd year, they would still not pay you for the 3rd if you know what I mean. You won't get paid for repeated years
It's a shame. Additionally SAAS can only pay you for 5 years of your study. So, based on myself I am getting paid for: HNC and from next year for 4 years of my uni and that's it.
Sorry but that is not true- it says on the SAAS website'
'e will allow you one extra year’s funding to cover scenarios that include:

Academic repeat years;
Medical or compassionate repeat years;
Approved changes of course;
Intercalated years;
Year one of a degree for HND holders;
Year one of an HND for HNC holders.

http://www.saas.gov.uk/full_time/ug/eu/eligibility.htm
pixuella
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am very sorry for the wrong facts. I have been provided with an incorrect information from my student services. Apologies.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

think I'm a brilliant applicant (526)
36.89%
are desperate for students (900)
63.11%

Watched Threads