Turn on thread page Beta

Help! Im a muslim and alcohol in remedies watch

ReputationRep:
    So toay i brought a rescure remedies by bach
    And the ingredients are
    5x dilution of flower extract of rock rose, impatients, clematis, star of bethlehem, cherry plum in a grape ALCOHOL SOLOUTION.

Suitibale for vegans! Ohmtgod i just took 2 drops... I just read it now... I read it contains 50% of brandy. It chraged my £7 aSwell.. I cant return it its opened

ReputationRep:
    From what I've read, the reason alcohol is forbidden is if it's taken for unnecessary purpose. So if your medication if quite necessary and you have no other alternatives, I think it's okay. Do check with your parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    From what I've read, the reason alcohol is forbidden is if it's taken for unnecessary purpose. So if your medication if quite necessary and you have no other alternatives, I think it's okay. Do check with your parents.

Yep, i bought it for stress i told my mum she said it might be a few drops but from wat i have researched its about 50% and it tastes and smells like alochol too.. And i feel yuckey.. Im planning to throw it out of my window anytime soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyitscraziix)
    Yep, i bought it for stress i told my mum she said it might be a few drops but from wat i have researched its about 50% and it tastes and smells like alochol too.. And i feel yuckey.. Im planning to throw it out of my window anytime soon
    Do what feels right. Islam is all about intention

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it be more feasible if you threw in the bin instead of out the window?

ReputationRep:
    Pour it down the sink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh ooo)
    Wouldn't it be more feasible if you threw in the bin instead of out the window?
    My mum would find it if it was in the bin.. She thinks its 1 or 2 drops but im guessing by reasearch its 50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Pour it down the sink.
    Wil do i took2 drops already without knowing then it smelt of alcohol... Ergg i tried it for a remedie for exam stress ://

ReputationRep:
    The amount in a bottle of rescue remedy is negligible, throw it away and make sure you cgeck packaging carefully in future

ReputationRep:
    My mum would find it if it was in the bin.. She thinks its 1 or 2 drops but im guessing by reasearch its 50%
    Then you mum is allowing you to consume haram?

Usually Muslim parents stop their kids from committing sins, yours seems to be doing the opposite and forcing you by any means necessary.:erm:

ReputationRep:
    Gurrl, where is your hijab. xD

I'd be more worried about the hijab than sipping 2 drops of alcohol by accident

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wil do i took2 drops already without knowing then it smelt of alcohol... Ergg i tried it for a remedie for exam stress ://
    Dw I had a mouthwash and didn't realise it had alcohol after I used it. You didn't know so you won't get sin for it

Btw you can get pills for stress instead?

ReputationRep:
    Don't eat bread, soya sauce or ripe fruit. They all contain alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 010197)
    That's not your place to say. Her personal choice has nothing to do with you, mind your own business.
    K

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony & Ivory)
    Gurrl, where is your hijab. xD

I'd be more worried about the hijab than sipping 2 drops of alcohol by accident

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who are you to judge? Your sin may be bigger than mine.. So don't judge. No ones perfect we all make mistakes inshallah when im ready for that commitment i will wear it permanently not like some girls who do it infront of their parents and take it off :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Dw I had a mouthwash and didn't realise it had alcohol after I used it. You didn't know so you won't get sin for it

Btw you can get pills for stress instead?
    Yeah i just bought them today.. And my mum said its 2 drops and its finw as all medicines contain alcohol.. But as it smells of alchohol im planning to throw it. So did u throw the mouth wash? I saw alcohol free but for some reason i choose the original one ://

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 010197)
    That's not your place to say. Her personal choice has nothing to do with you, mind your own business.
    Thanks 😘

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimsycrafts)
    The amount in a bottle of rescue remedy is negligible, throw it away and make sure you cgeck packaging carefully in future
    Will do, thank you so much much. Maybe it was for the best, as ive learnt to always read now!! Learning from my mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh ooo)
    Then you mum is allowing you to consume haram?

Usually Muslim parents stop their kids from committing sins, yours seems to be doing the opposite and forcing you by any means necessary.:erm:
    Um excuse me, she thinks it has 2 drops just like any other medicines.. She said its fine as its for a reason not for fun...

ReputationRep:
    If you werent aware of it, it is completely fine. Just dont use it again.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.