Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Question about Xbox Live prepaid cards watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys;

I am getting a prepaid 12 Month Xbox live membership for my cousin. This may sound like a daft question but, does the membership activate from the time of purchase or the time you put the 25 digit number in?

i.e. if I purchase it tomorrow, does the membership end on the 18th October 2016 or does it end a year from when he enters the 25 digit code?

Haven't had Xbox Live membership before because I don't do any online gaming via Xbox, only PC. =l

EDIT:
    Yes, I know's it's cheaper to download the code online but, I want something tangible.

ReputationRep:
    When the code is entered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Hey Guys;

I am getting a prepaid 12 Month Xbox live membership for my cousin. This may sound like a daft question but, does the membership activate from the time of purchase or the time you put the 25 digit number in?

i.e. if I purchase it tomorrow, does the membership end on the 18th October 2016 or does it end a year from when he enters the 25 digit code?

Haven't had Xbox Live membership before because I don't do any online gaming via Xbox, only PC. =l

EDIT:
    Yes, I know's it's cheaper to download the code online but, I want something tangible.
    Until you redeem the code through the "redeem code" window, it lasts as long as you want it to. It would be very unfair if you lost days before entering the code, so when you enter the code, you're prompted to confirm, which will activate it to the account you're using. You can stack up to 3 years worth of gold, I believe, but only through the same method as the previous. So, for example, 3 years of prepaid can be stacked, but not 2 years of prepaid and 1 year online transaction. Microsoft aren't MASSIVE ripoffs, but they can be a little sucky with some stuff revolving around Xbox, especially microtransactions.

ReputationRep:
    What he said.

Since entering the code.

For future reference though, the cdkeys website usually have good prices on there live membership. 13 months for £23.65 or something like that. (Don't quote me on the price as I can't remember what I paid)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.