Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have this dream of becoming a doctor and going to a good university.However I have doubts,I am worried of failing none of my family are as ambitious,my grandma is a seamstress and my grandpa a carpenter.Those who went to university went to average ones.Not known ones,I don't want to live like them,they do not understand when the pressure gets to me and I get really upset.They think I over react and if I do not get to the university or school I want to,there is always another one.There are thousands of universities,however I don't want to go to just any university. I want to go to the one I want to.I am always laughed at,rejected and ridiculed for my aspirations in life.I want to show them and I want to succeed also for myself.

When I am stressed I can't study,how can I overcome this and be able to study? I want to live the life I want.Where I do not worry whether I can pay rent or my bills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I have this dream of becoming a doctor and going to a good university.However I have doubts,I am worried of failing none of my family are as ambitious,my grandma is a seamstress and my grandpa a carpenter.Those who went to university went to average ones.Not known ones,I don't want to live like them,they do not understand when the pressure gets to me and I get really upset.They think I over react and if I do not get to the university or school I want to,there is always another one.There are thousands of universities,however I don't want to go to just any university. I want to go to the one I want to.I am always laughed at,rejected and ridiculed for my aspirations in life.I want to show them and I want to succeed also for myself.

When I am stressed I can't study,how can I overcome this and be able to study? I want to live the life I want.Where I do not worry whether I can pay rent or my bills.
    If you really want to to become a doctor then go for it and never look back. I understand that it is very difficult to achieve something when you have very little support from your family. However, you don't need other people to convince you or to motivate you to become a doctor. The only person who should convince you to do what you have to do, is yourself. You say that you are afraid of failing, but you want to succeed. This is going to sound very cheesy but its true. The first step in becoming successful in anything is failure. This is why people some people are afraid of following their dreams and aspirations because they are afraid to fail. Well, if you don't at least try, you will never know will you? Just apply for medicine and give it everything you have got. If you get rejected DON'T GIVE UP!! TRY AGAIN!!! Failure is the first step into becoming successful, so don't view failure as negative thing. View it as a stepping stone in achieving your dream of becoming a doctor. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Being afraid of failure is one thing which is good, but submitting to failure should never happen.
    Your presonality defines your success.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.