Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am predicted AAB (A Mathematics, A physics, B further mathematics) and this is the grades for the contextual offer in Bristol for engineering Mathematics Bachelors. I really really loved bristol when i went to see it and so i really want to apply. The reason i am only predicted B in further mathematics is because it is not an option in my school and so i am teaching myself M3 and FP3. Do you think there is a chance i could get in?

ReputationRep:
    Contextual offers only apply if you're at a qualifying lower performing school - are you? If not then it's unlikely.
    May be worth giving them a ring or begging your teachers to predict higher, they often will.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am in a school which is in the contextual offers list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanElinor)
    Yes I am in a school which is in the contextual offers list
    Then what's the question? You've answered it yourself now.

ReputationRep:
    You meet the required grades. If you can write a sensible PS, you stand as much chance of an offer as anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    You meet the required grades. If you can write a sensible PS, you stand as much chance of an offer as anyone else.
    Thanks! I think I'm gonna go for it

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.