Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your teeth? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else look at their teeth in a mirror and think what they would look like if you pulled them all out and could observe them from every angle in good light? I really want to see the back of my teeth and the sides of them, but they are hidden when they are in my mouth.

ReputationRep:
    Um, no
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao.

ReputationRep:
    No. But when the dentist pulled out one of my molars I was shocked to see how long the roots were, it was very interesting actually.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah good idea, you should definitely do that.

Who needs a dentist these days?

You have D.I.Y tools, grab a pair plies and PVA glue.

Pull them out with plies.

Then Just grab some PVA glue and glue back together again.

Problem solved.:top:

ReputationRep:
    ,\\
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Oh ooo)
    Yeah good idea, you should definitely do that.

Who needs a dentist these days?

You have D.I.Y tools, grab a pair plies and PVA glue.

Pull them out with plies.

Then Just grab some PVA glue and glue back together again.

Problem solved.:top:
    well actually maybe contact adhesive would be better as you use that for disimilar surfaces PVA on the other hand wouldn't work as gums aren't that porus so you would have to sand them down (called keying) for the glue to bond. even then the moist conditions wouldn't be ideal

revising PD adhesives atm

Yeah I always wanted to know, I guess it's just one of those weird things you think about after looking in the mirror too long :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    well actually maybe contact adhesive would be better as you use that for disimilar surfaces PVA on the other hand wouldn't work as gums aren't that porus so you would have to sand them down (called keying) for the glue to bond. even then the moist conditions wouldn't be ideal

Most interesting.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by william walker)
    Most interesting.
    why thank you sir, you should come to my PD lessons we get to discuss adhesives for an hour

ReputationRep:
    why thank you sir, you should come to my PD lessons we get to discuss adhesives for an hour
    I could just read the information on the label when I buy something.

I would much rather go to a geopolitical strategy lecture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    No. But when the dentist pulled out one of my molars I was shocked to see how long the roots were, it was very interesting actually.
    My wife had an emergency extraction of a molar and the dentist gave it to me. I nearly puked on the spot. I did not expect a rotten tooth to be so gross in the centre, not for it to have bits of flesh attached. It was hideous and went straight in the outside bin.

ReputationRep:

Oh right.:lol:

I wasn't really considering OP should take my advice on board. I was jesting.

But great piece of advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    My wife had an emergency extraction of a molar and the dentist gave it to me. I nearly puked on the spot. I did not expect a rotten tooth to be so gross in the centre, not for it to have bits of flesh attached. It was hideous and went straight in the outside bin.
    That's a rude thing to say about your wife's tooth
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol jk, I know my molar caught me by surprise, I did not suspect it was that long...mine looked nice though, it reminded me of an elephant tusk

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.