Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone got OCR GCSE History on Tuesday? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Medicine Through Time and The American West?

ReputationRep:
    ive got history, but not that board or topic...

ReputationRep:
    i've got aqa History, there's so much to revise, i am kind of dreading this exam..but it should be all right as our teacher made us do a test every week ...anybody got any tips for history (if there are any!)

ReputationRep:
    I know we have sooooo much to revise too, and I only just started today :eek: I am going to fail .... miserably ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    I know we have sooooo much to revise too, and I only just started today :eek: I am going to fail .... miserably ...
    I don't know how to sum up my revision in history, it's like i have done loads in class because the syllabus finished early.....but the thing is i forget it all quickly. I went through a stage 3 months back where i did alot of revision but forgot that too!! :rolleyes: No fear i started today......don't panic i think as soon as you hit the exam room maybe all the information is subconsciously hidden away! And returns? :confused: i am relying on that! cos im a fool!

HAha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma.....)
    I don't know how to sum up my revision in history, it's like i have done loads in class because the syllabus finished early.....but the thing is i forget it all quickly. I went through a stage 3 months back where i did alot of revision but forgot that too!! :rolleyes: No fear i started today......don't panic i think as soon as you hit the exam room maybe all the information is subconsciously hidden away! And returns? :confused: i am relying on that! cos im a fool!

HAha

Lol, hopefully a topic I know well will come up....otherwise I'm screwed!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, hopefully a topic I know well will come up....otherwise I'm screwed!
    do you do the treaty of versailles, cold war, GB in ww2, weimar republic etc?

nooooooo im going to revise i just remembered i don't know anything! :confused:

ReputationRep:

No, I do stuff about Medicine Through Time and The American West. I better get back to the revision too! :rolleyes:

I do the treaty or vesailles and the weimar republic but I don't do the cold war or GB in WW2.

ReputationRep:
    Medicine Through Time and The American West?
    I'm doing that but its on AQA. Do OCR tell you what the first question is going to be on because our teachers told us it was definetly on the impact of religion on medieval medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoeguy)
    I'm doing that but its on AQA. Do OCR tell you what the first question is going to be on because our teachers told us it was definetly on the impact of religion on medieval medicine.

Really???? No we don't get told....but I wish we did!!! That is sooo unfair! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoeguy)
    Are you sure you are not OCR???

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Edexcel and we have to do the cold war and divided union on tues and Nazi Germany and the new deal and the depression the following week. How long are the other boards exams because Edexcel seems to do loads more topics!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ovalorbit)
    I'm doing Edexcel and we have to do the cold war and divided union on tues and Nazi Germany and the new deal and the depression the following week. How long are the other boards exams because Edexcel seems to do loads more topics!!!

I have one exam on tuesday which is 2 hours.
    And one about a week later which is 1/2 hours long.
    And believe me, we have so many topics within the 2 main studies, it's unbelievable!

ReputationRep:
    I have one exam on tuesday which is 2 hours.
    And one about a week later which is 1/2 hours long.
    And believe me, we have so many topics within the 2 main studies, it's unbelievable!
    I am! I am! Studying for OCR board and the same topics. I got complacent and haven't done much revision, although will do soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I am! I am! Studying for OCR board and the same topics. I got complacent and haven't done much revision, although will do soon.
    I haven't done any! I started today ... :eek: Do you have any idea what topics will come up?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a source based paper as well? Even though the answers are in the sources, the examiners want really specific answers written in a certain way. It always annoys me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ovalorbit)
    Do you have a source based paper as well? Even though the answers are in the sources, the examiners want really specific answers written in a certain way. It always annoys me!

Yeh I have a source paper as well, and I hate them!!! There always seem to be questions worth about 12 marks which you can only really make about 4 valid points on ... I'm dreading it!! But at least I have a whole week to revise for that with no exams in between!

ReputationRep:
    Remember to infer though, it's bound to get you marks just using the word "infer", lol!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done any! I started today ... :eek: Do you have any idea what topics will come up?
    All of them!

This is how the paper goes:

MTT sources based questions but you will need your own knowledge. These are usually difficult in my opinion.
    MTT usually a choice question where you need detailed knowledge on individuals.
    MTT public health.

And American West follows a similar pattern.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.