Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Help me choose an ida for my Final Major Project! :) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there student roomers!

My idea for my final major project has now be chosen and confirmed. It will be 'The Lonely Wordsmith' - a rom-com.

Not only was this particular idea fairly popular, but apparently before my FMP tutor left the college, she told me that in her 5 years of teaching TV/Film no student had EVER attempted a rom-com so I guess that kind of spurred me on to choose the idea too because 1. No pressure as there are no previous types to compare it to and 2. If I can pull it off, it will be something fresh and different.

I may start a blog once I've properly begun working on it- at the moment it is all pre-production meaning I have to send out casting calls, write the script, create risk assessments, a shot list, a shooting script, storyboards, lighting plans, floor plans, budgeting... the list goes on and I want to treat this as a normally TV/Film production would be and that is with confidentiality in place. (Who wants to watch the film when they know exactly what's going to happen???)

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.