Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    I just applied for BA History, Politics and Economics. I wanted to know who else has or will apply for this course, and what do you expect? What subjects are you taking?

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I was considering applying to this but I decided not to because it's taught at the School of Slavonic & East European Studies rather than the Social and Historical Sciences faculty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3110)
    I was considering applying to this but I decided not to because it's taught at the School of Slavonic & East European Studies rather than the Social and Historical Sciences faculty.
    Okay, I understand. It depends on your interests I guess. I am actually very interested in Eastern European/Russian History. It is very understudied but very complex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ntanationa)
    Okay, I understand. It depends on your interests I guess. I am actually very interested in Eastern European/Russian History. It is very understudied but very complex.
    It is interesting but I studied it in AS and A2 History and honestly am kind of bored of it now

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm applying too! I'm taking HL History, Economics and English Lit and SL Maths, Chemistry and Italian Lang and Lit (I'm Italian) at IB.
    I've got a very high predicted grade but the thing that worries me the most is the fact that they say that you should "preferably have maths HL" I hope it isn't too much of a disadvantage that I don't have it...
    How about you? what other unis are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for History and Russian

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for this too!! I take Maths, English Lit and History A Levels, I guess we are all competing but I am so worried about what to write in my personal statement ahahha!! I guess everyone else, like me, has applied for different courses at every uni since this is so vast anyway

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got any offers for this course yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    I just applied for BA History, Politics and Economics. I wanted to know who else has or will apply for this course, and what do you expect? What subjects are you taking?

Good luck everyone!
    Hello, I've just sent off my application and have applied for HPE as well. This is my top choice, but I am very unlikely to gain entry as my predicted is only AAA in History, Politics and Business Studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09lilyrose)
    Hello, I've just sent off my application and have applied for HPE as well. This is my top choice, but I am very unlikely to gain entry as my predicted is only AAA in History, Politics and Business Studies.
    They require AAA so you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahaa no way!! Where do you live? I've applied to LSE, Warwick, KCL and Queen Mary. Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STUDENTSJ)
    Hahahahaa no way!! Where do you live? I've applied to LSE, Warwick, KCL and Queen Mary. Good luck with your application
    I live in Plymouth! I've also applied to KCL, Queen Mary, Bath and Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm applying this year and I also don't have maths. Did you get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    Btw sorry I took so long to reply...

OMG NO WAY
    I am also Italian! And I also haven't take Maths HL! Hahaha i guess we are on the same boat
    My subjects are:
    HL: English Lit, History, French and Chemistry
    SL: Maths, German

I really hope that Maths HL is that important though! I love this course <3
    I also applied to Oxford, KCL, Edinburgh and St Andrews.
    Where else have you applied?
    Hello, did you get an offer? I'm applying this year and also don't have maths so wondering whether it's worth it

ReputationRep:
    Did you get an offer? Im applying this year but my predicted grades are also only AAA and I don't have maths
    Btw sorry I took so long to reply...

OMG NO WAY
    I am also Italian! And I also haven't take Maths HL! Hahaha i guess we are on the same boat
    My subjects are:
    HL: English Lit, History, French and Chemistry
    SL: Maths, German

I really hope that Maths HL is that important though! I love this course <3
    I also applied to Oxford, KCL, Edinburgh and St Andrews.
    Where else have you applied?
    (Original post by 09lilyrose)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poilkjmn)
    Did you get an offer? Im applying this year but my predicted grades are also only AAA and I don't have maths
    I don't have maths and I haven't received an offer as yet so can't really tell you if it's worth it. Most people won't hear back for a few months

ReputationRep:
    Nope, no offer yet. Has anyone received offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poilkjmn)
    I still don't know as they don't reply until after Christmas

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, where else are you guys applying?

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer for the course.

A*A*A in Econ, Psychology and History at A-level, AAA in the three at AS in addition to an A in English Lit, and AABBBBCCD at IGCSE (including a C in Maths, though I did have extenuating circumstances). So I don't think it's too detrimental not to have Maths at AS/A-level. Kind of surprised to get the offer though-- a couple of weeks ago LSE rejected me for Economic History due to my IGCSE scores and a concern over my "numeracy and literacy".

My PS was mostly Econ/History focused, though I did mention extracurriculars which were related to politics and mentioned my interest in Yugoslav history in the statement. Good luck to all of you, seems like an awesome course.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.