Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel Art A2 Personal Study help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Art and Design for A2 and i'm having trouble with the personal study (I haven't started it yet). I've looked online and I understand that I need to thoroughly research a chosen topic through artists, interviews, essays etc, but I'm confused about the relation between the personal study and the practical coursework book itself. Do both need to have the same title, or can they just be loosely related? My teacher told me that the coursework and the personal study need to have a conversation but is this true? Any help would be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rod00)
    I'm doing Art and Design for A2 and i'm having trouble with the personal study (I haven't started it yet). I've looked online and I understand that I need to thoroughly research a chosen topic through artists, interviews, essays etc, but I'm confused about the relation between the personal study and the practical coursework book itself. Do both need to have the same title, or can they just be loosely related? My teacher told me that the coursework and the personal study need to have a conversation but is this true? Any help would be great!
    I think they only need to be loosely related, seeing as you can choose any topic you want for the personal study.
    By practical coursework book, do you mean the theme you've been given for coursework?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfhearted)
    I think they only need to be loosely related, seeing as you can choose any topic you want for the personal study.
    By practical coursework book, do you mean the theme you've been given for coursework?
    Well we'r not given a theme we can come up with whatever theme we like. But yeah by the practical coursework book I mean with a theme, where you develop ideas and experiment etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rod00)
    Well we'r not given a theme we can come up with whatever theme we like. But yeah by the practical coursework book I mean with a theme, where you develop ideas and experiment etc
    Ok i see, cuz we were given a theme which is separate from the personal study that we have to do a separate sketchbook on.
    I think that when you're researching, you can write about what you've found and then maybe experiment with different ideas in your sketchbook, so you can see the links between the two, and the themes are the same but they don't have to correspond rigidly.
    I know someone who didn't even do an essay, they made this huge concertina sketchbook, with words and drawings interwoven, and they got an A*, so I don't think there's any rigid format you need to stick to.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 17, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.