Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grades are at BBC at a level, however with retakes I plan to aim higher and get a BBB in Biology, Psychology and Maths although my AS grades are CCD. Currently looking at universities that offer human biology degree at a BBB entry requirement and here are my choices:
    Aston University
    Keele University
    Reading University (do not offer human biology only biological science)
    Oxford Brookes (BBC entry requirement)
    Coventry (accredited course; entry requirement BCC) -- backup

I've looked into the courses and found that Keele University offer a dual honours degree, however I'm unsure what's best suited with human biology. Currently, I'm thinking either Mathematics or Psychology only because I am doing them at A level.

I'd like to ask which degree would you recommend to pick with combined human biology and also your ideas and opinions on my university choices. Picking universities is a daunting process and I really hope that I make the right decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Er, mate, I would recommend have at least one uni on there with a CCC entry requirement.
    Not trying to put you down but, the universities will look at the grades you achieved and base a yes, no or interview off those.

At least that way, you actually have a uni to go to should you be given an offer.

The way I see it, I put in an offer to Reading and Oxford Brookes (only saying those because they are on your list, obviously applied to others too) and got rejected by Oxford Brookes and Reading, managed an interview with Essex uni, who at the time was SLIGHTLY higher than Reading uni in the league tables, go figure right? (Even though, no idea why but the grade entry for me in Biomedical Science was lower than the asking grade).

So, point of this lesson is, try and get AT LEAST one uni with the grade entry requirements which satisfy your grades you managed at A2, at least that way you get an offer which you can accept or reject, by this I mean a CCC entry grade requirement.

ReputationRep:
    I am a University of Essex student and currently in my third year. I have had the best experience studying at Essex, I am currently on a year abroad in Australia and having a great time thanks to Essex uni and can't wait to spend my final year back at Essex. They have great social activities, sports clubs, societies and accommodation for you to choose from, you will never be bored! The teaching I have also found to be great! So I would definitely do some research into Essex uni and give it a thought. If you have any questions about the University of Essex, please feel free to ask ^Sam

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying, I'd love to go to Essex University however they don't offer the human biology degree that I am looking for which is very unfortunate. I have taken the advice that Scienceisgood has given and looking at universities with CCC entry requirements however most that do have a CCC entry requirement are usually quite bad and have a reputation of being bad. I have stumbled across Bath Spa however do not know much about it. Any suggestions of universities that offer lower entry requirements?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Mehgeeg)
    Thanks for replying, I'd love to go to Essex University however they don't offer the human biology degree that I am looking for which is very unfortunate. I have taken the advice that Scienceisgood has given and looking at universities with CCC entry requirements however most that do have a CCC entry requirement are usually quite bad and have a reputation of being bad. I have stumbled across Bath Spa however do not know much about it. Any suggestions of universities that offer lower entry requirements?
    Hello Mehgeeg, I'm Sam one of the Official Reps for Bath Spa Uni. What would you like to know about Bath Spa? Happy to help with any questions you may have about the course or University. It's also worth mentioning that we have a series of Open Days taking place over the next few weeks if you wish to visit us.

Sam

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.