Turn on thread page Beta

smart casual dress code watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a party coming up and the dress code is smart casual wear. I am a little confused what to wear lol,
    I have suede boots, oxford white shirt, any suggestions for trousers etc (blazer or waistcoat?)
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have to dress 'smart casual' for my work exp. and these dress codes are just unnecessarily cofusing... what you've just described seems sufficient. smart casual is basically just half a step (emphasis on half) down from being a suited up businessman/woman. For trousers, they dont have to be tailored, as long as they dont look like denim. A waistcoat might look a little too formal, a blazer should be just fine.
    hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namelesshipster)
    I have to dress 'smart casual' for my work exp. and these dress codes are just unnecessarily cofusing... what you've just described seems sufficient. smart casual is basically just half a step (emphasis on half) down from being a suited up businessman/woman. For trousers, they dont have to be tailored, as long as they dont look like denim. A waistcoat might look a little too formal, a blazer should be just fine.
    hope this helps
    What colour trouser would you suggest and also for the blazer?
    Dark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBhogal)
    What colour trouser would you suggest and also for the blazer?
    Dark?
    darks and neutrals are all good, but you can have a bit of colour if you want, so long as it's not too bright/bold (so no neon greens, but a light blue is okay)

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised that you have to wear smart casual to a party, but anyway I had to wear it for work experience as well.
    I wore black trousers and a plain casual top. I didn't feel I needed a blazer because my manager told me it was quite warm where I was working, but you can wear a blazer or cardigan if you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nph)
    I'm surprised that you have to wear smart casual to a party, but anyway I had to wear it for work experience as well.
    I wore black trousers and a plain casual top. I didn't feel I needed a blazer because my manager told me it was quite warm where I was working, but you can wear a blazer or cardigan if you want
    Yh i was quite surprised, but it is a girls 18th after all lol
    Thanks for your help😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namelesshipster)
    darks and neutrals are all good, but you can have a bit of colour if you want, so long as it's not too bright/bold (so no neon greens, but a light blue is okay)
    Would grey do,
    I dont want a mainstream dark colour if u get me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBhogal)
    Would grey do,
    I dont want a mainstream dark colour if u get me?
    yup, greys are perfect 👍

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.