The Student Room Group

I wanna go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,i was so excited to go to uni, first start and everything.. meet new people and leave my old life behind. How wrong was I..It's been 3 weeks today since I moved in and I HATE it, the people i live with (all girls) are total bitches. They put music on at like 12-3am, they say that I'm a bitch and stuff. They always laugh at me and one even said they will physically hurt me. I call my parents crying but they cant take it anymore, i come home for a few days a week but it just makes it worse that i have to go back and see their faces and hear them laughing at me.The staff are no help, i asked them to move rooms twice and they just suggested mediation, didnt help at all. Made things worst. We are back to where we started. I'm at home today and have to go back tomorrow, i probably won't tho.Anyone got any advice?Anyone been in a similar situation?please help.. i'm gonna lose my mind
Original post by acharaaa
Hey everyone,i was so excited to go to uni, first start and everything.. meet new people and leave my old life behind. How wrong was I..It's been 3 weeks today since I moved in and I HATE it, the people i live with (all girls) are total bitches. They put music on at like 12-3am, they say that I'm a bitch and stuff. They always laugh at me and one even said they will physically hurt me. I call my parents crying but they cant take it anymore, i come home for a few days a week but it just makes it worse that i have to go back and see their faces and hear them laughing at me.The staff are no help, i asked them to move rooms twice and they just suggested mediation, didnt help at all. Made things worst. We are back to where we started. I'm at home today and have to go back tomorrow, i probably won't tho.Anyone got any advice?Anyone been in a similar situation?please help.. i'm gonna lose my mind

What?! what did she say? There must be someone you can speak to about this!
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
What?! what did she say? There must be someone you can speak to about this!

Yep, the police.
Original post by CloakedSpartan
Yep, the police.

Yes of course, but I meant in the university!

That sounds like hell. Move out to private accommodation?

Sorry to hear that :hugs:

Obviously there must be some support that your uni offers in these situations (I reckon it comes under bullying/harassment), so that's what you have to look for.

Also, I'd say it's not worth staying there for your own good! And as for those girls, they're just low-lives.

Which university do you go to?
Reply 7
It sounds like your flatmates are the problem here, not uni life. What have you told the accommodation staff? Are you living in university halls? They have a duty towards you and if someone is physically threatening you then something should be done. Write down clear examples of things that have been done, dates and times if possible, and take them to the person in charge of your hall. Request to move into a different flat and if they suggest mediation tell them it made things worse and that you feel unsafe where you are. Tell them it is affecting your mental health and your studies. If they refuse then make a complaint to the manager, speak to student support etc. You have a right not to be bullied and yes, I have been in your situation before.... I lived in private halls and the girls in my flat would shout insults at my, slammed the oven door into my leg, burned me and were nasty. I eventually got the manager involved and moved into a different flat.
going home several days a week wont help as it stops you making friends at uni. It may help if you get the girls on their own one at a time and talk to them abut how bad they make you feel, sometimes you can shame people into behaving better.

Make friends on your course, keep pestering the university for a change of room. Tell them - and your personal tutor - that you are going to leave unless you can get a room change.They dont want people to leave but you have to make it clear how bad you feel about this.

Eventually you may decide to leave and start again elsewhere. but really 3 weeks is not that long.

Quick Reply

Latest