Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

20 year old man with 16 year old man (gay couple) watch

Today I read a post about a 22 year old male and 16 year old female dating. This got me thinking about my friend (gay) turning 17 next year and was going out with a 20 year old man (they broke up a few months ago). Was just wondering is this bad? Would you say it's bad if it were 2 females or if it were a heterosexual couple?
    Just curious haha!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i believe at the age of 16 people have developed their understanding enough to agree to a relationship with someone older, they might not be mentally prepared for intimacy like sex though because believe me i was so traumatised when i hear ''things'' happening this one time.

hmm it's quite difficult to give a straightforward answer on this because for me it really depends on the couple. i think the issue i have with big age gaps is that it's very easy for the older individual in the relationship to exploit and manipulate their much younger partner and very often that is why they are with them in the first place. as a result, the younger one in the relationship can be very vulnerable. however, you can't say this is the case for all relationships- there are undoubtedly relationships in which there is a big age gap and both people in the relationship have an equal amount of power and say in the relationship, and because of this you could say that this is no different from relationships with couples who are more or less the same age- some relationships are going to be healthy and great and some aren't.

ReputationRep:
    I think thats a good age difference and there's nothing wrong with that. But sex shouldn't be an option for them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Today I read a post about a 22 year old male and 16 year old female dating. This got me thinking about my friend (gay) turning 17 next year and was going out with a 20 year old man (they broke up a few months ago). Was just wondering is this bad? Would you say it's bad if it were 2 females or if it were a heterosexual couple?
    Just curious haha!
    Lets face it, from the perspective of someone in their 20s, a 16 year old is a boy, not a man. It's not necessarily wrong, but it's dodgey, whichever gender combination we're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Just curious haha!
    No, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a 20 year old man dating a 17 year old boy(turning), because if it was a 20 year old man and a 16 year old girl turning 17 no one would say anything negative about it.

ReputationRep:
    Just curious haha!
    stfu degenerate ****ing pos always posting same beta bs every time.

ReputationRep:
    Same rules as heterosexual relationship / sex. Any responsible parent would feel protective but in an ideal world not homophobic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.