Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've recently turned 18 and I think that I may need braces. I went to the dentist a few years ago she said that my teeth are in good shape (except that they need to get cleaned...whatever). My mum insisted that I should still do them as one of my lower canine was growing at around a 30 degree angle which wasn't bad at the time. I was referred to another professional which also said that my teeth were good and didn't need braces. However, Now that I'm 18 you can pretty much see that ALL my teeth are straight except for that single tooth.

Can I still get braces or something similar for less severe problems for free or do I have to pay for them?

I'm still in sixth form if that help (full time education)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSuccessor)
    I've recently turned 18 and I think that I may need braces. I went to the dentist a few years ago she said that my teeth are in good shape (except that they need to get cleaned...whatever). My mum insisted that I should still do them as one of my lower canine was growing at around a 30 degree angle which wasn't bad at the time. I was referred to another professional which also said that my teeth were good and didn't need braces. However, Now that I'm 18 you can pretty much see that ALL my teeth are straight except for that single tooth.

Can I still get braces or something similar for less severe problems for free or do I have to pay for them?

I'm still in sixth form if that help (full time education)
    If they are all pretty much straight then you will have to pay for them.

ReputationRep:
    you could get a veneer to align it with the other teeth, you will have to pay but if it is only one tooth it will cost less than braces on all your teeth.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.